Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking help

Options
  • 18-02-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Are you able to grill a pizza? Just the regular pizza you can get in supermarket. It only gives oven instructions on back.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

They're definitely meant to be cooked in an oven but if yours is on the fritz or something you could grill it I suppose but you'd be better off heating up a heavy metal tray or pan first for the pizza to sit on, you'd need some heat underneath it to do the crust. I'd grill it on a low setting so that it gets longer under the heat before it reaches the grilled stage on top. I'm probably talking through my hat here but if your oven is broken and you want the pizza, you have to be inventive. If you're just trying to avoid turning on the oven for one pizza, then my advice would be to turn on the oven and to hell with the cost! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

No, you can't grill a pizza as you'd end up with an uncooked base which would be rank! Has to be oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'd probably give it a go by toasting the base in a frying pan and when that was done sticking the frying pan with the pizza (plastic handle kept away from any heat if there was one) under a low grill first to melt everything then turning the heat up to crisp up the toppings. I'd want to be desperate for pizza though and with a broken oven

Advertisement