Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFxT xbox 360 players?

Options
  • 18-02-2014 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Anyone looking for a match on street fighter x tekken on xbox 360?
    my gt is CoreyQuill and i (mostly) use Jin and King. Ihave only started the game so my skill is not that great but i love the game and need other players who DONT SPAM and enjoy fighting with a noob :)
    Anyone Interested :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

DONT SPAM and enjoy fighting with a noob :)

Right here

GT: ARK Nutrient

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

There is so such thing as spam in fighting games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Azza wrote: »

I dunno....... every time you open your mouth it sounds like spam.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

First of all- welcome to the fighting game forum.

Just in case you're wondering why the responses seem a little... unfriendly, in general it's not a good idea to complain about spamming in fighting games without understanding how they work first. People will tend to avoid playing you as to them, it just seems like you're complaining about moves you don't know how to beat. It puts people off.

Not that very many people still play SFxT compared to the other Capcom fighters, but you are putting off those that would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I'll allow it. After all, this is SFxT. It's not a fighting game!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I love SFxT and would happily play you, but my internet connection has gone to crap lately, making online play an impossibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ThatSentinent

Spamming is the act of being cheap and unskilled to win a fighting game agenst another player
    for example staying in the corner and repeatly using scorpions spaer in mortal kombat or mid punching a player into a wall so you damage them and thety cant escape in TEKKEN tag 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Spamming is the act of being cheap and unskilled to win a fighting game

Yo winning via being unskilled?

That sounds awesome. Sign me up!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Chris G confirmed for skill-less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Play with honour

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Spamming is the act of being cheap and unskilled to win a fighting game agenst another player
    for example staying in the corner and repeatly using scorpions spaer in mortal kombat or mid punching a player into a wall so you damage them and thety cant escape in TEKKEN tag 2

Thank you for clarifying.
    I stand humbled and corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

So very unskilled.

Any excuse to post this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

1346839458-auto-dafuq-dafuq-did-i-just-read-200165-jpeg.82686

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Greetings, and welcome to the forum! It's always good to see new players, so hopefully we'll see you pop up at some of our events throughout the year!

You may have noticed the stream of sarcastic comments after your post about spamming up there. The reason for this is because at mid to high level fighting game play spamming is not a bad thing and is often seen as an indicator that the person complaining about spam is new to competitive fighters.

I think everyone (or at least most people) has complained about spamming at some point in their learning of fighters, but a very important part of getting properly good at fighters is leaving that mentality behind. When I was younger my brother and I had a rule that you couldn't use the same special move more than twice in a row because it was 'cheap'. Now I play Rose in Street Fighter 4 and I spend probably half the match in the corner throwing fireball after fireball because that's a very important part of how she's supposed to be played.

Taking your example above - it's unskilled for the Scorpion player to sit in the corner only throwing spears. Who is really more unskilled in that situation? The Scorpion player throwing spears over and over, or Player 2 who can't figure out how to jump over the spears?

If I am playing Scorpion and I find a move that you don't know how to beat, I will definitely keep using that move. Why should I do anything more complex or difficult if I don't need to? It's up to Player 2 to defeat my strategies and hurt me, not for me to decide that one of the tools in my arsenal is too effective.
    That's actually kind of insulting to Player 2 because you're going easy on them instead of making them earn their win.

That match Orim posted above ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89155541&postcount=13 ) is a perfect example of high level spamming. Both Daigo Umehara and Alex Valle (two of the most famous Street Fighter players in the world) spend a huge part of the match just throwing fireballs and it is one of my favorite SF4 matches ever. When I first saw it I was literally jumping up off the couch repeatedly in excitement.

A general rule of thumb with fighting games: if it is in the game you can use it. There are only very specific cases where something is not allowed in fighters (Akuma in SF2, Gill in SF3, specific game breaking glitches in Marvel, etc) - anything else (spamming included) is completely fair to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

scorpion_is_not_amused___custom_meme_by_mkbrony-d5rhlrl.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Can I suggest you listen to Sairus above? His advice is very good and it'll help you grow as a player.

I don't play Mortal Kombat but back when I did and it was a relatively simple game I can think of maybe 5 or six things different characters could do to get around the spear.

The only person going "that's cheap" and judging the other player is harming is you. We all, everyone one of us, get pissed off from time to time with our FGs, but the trick is to come back and work out a way to beat it and become a stronger player. Otherwise, what's the point? You'll never get better, you'll just sit in judgement of others all the time.

If you think about it, as well, how exactly is the other player supposed to know what is cheap? Is there a manual somewhere? In fact, "cheap" or "spam" is simply what you've decided you don't want to deal with.

Why don't you tell us what you're having a problem with in SFxT and we'll see if we know how to deal with it.

Sairus wrote: »
    Greetings, and welcome to the forum! It's always good to see new players, so hopefully we'll see you pop up at some of our events throughout the year!

You may have noticed the stream of sarcastic comments after your post about spamming up there. The reason for this is because at mid to high level fighting game play spamming is not a bad thing and is often seen as an indicator that the person complaining about spam is new to competitive fighters.

I think everyone (or at least most people) has complained about spamming at some point in their learning of fighters, but a very important part of getting properly good at fighters is leaving that mentality behind. When I was younger my brother and I had a rule that you couldn't use the same special move more than twice in a row because it was 'cheap'. Now I play Rose in Street Fighter 4 and I spend probably half the match in the corner throwing fireball after fireball because that's a very important part of how she's supposed to be played.

Taking your example above - it's unskilled for the Scorpion player to sit in the corner only throwing spears. Who is really more unskilled in that situation? The Scorpion player throwing spears over and over, or Player 2 who can't figure out how to jump over the spears?

If I am playing Scorpion and I find a move that you don't know how to beat, I will definitely keep using that move. Why should I do anything more complex or difficult if I don't need to? It's up to Player 2 to defeat my strategies and hurt me, not for me to decide that one of the tools in my arsenal is too effective.
    That's actually kind of insulting to Player 2 because you're going easy on them instead of making them earn their win.

That match Orim posted above ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89155541&postcount=13 ) is a perfect example of high level spamming. Both Daigo Umehara and Alex Valle (two of the most famous Street Fighter players in the world) spend a huge part of the match just throwing fireballs and it is one of my favorite SF4 matches ever. When I first saw it I was literally jumping up off the couch repeatedly in excitement.

A general rule of thumb with fighting games: if it is in the game you can use it. There are only very specific cases where something is not allowed in fighters (Akuma in SF2, Gill in SF3, specific game breaking glitches in Marvel, etc) - anything else (spamming included) is completely fair to use.
    ok Thanks sairus,we should play a match sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

When I play a fighting game. Like the Free Tekken game for PS3, I feel like… I am filled with honor. I knock a guy down to the ground, and I back away so they can get back up. Like the honorable martial arts fighter would. But… I guess no one in the ****ing world understands this concept since everyone from 7 ranks above me or first starting the game all do the same cheap tactics like spam the invincible attack or spam you with attacks that never give you a chance to do anything.

With that I say… Where is the honor in a martial arts fighting game, Like tekken (sorta), Virtual Fighter,marvel or street fighter. When in a martial arts fight, You bow to your opponet as a sign of honor. since you cant do that in a game, the best you can do is crouch when the match starts, only leading to about 50+ hits to the face. **** everyone who plays fighting games like its a competition. Fighting games should be played with a sense of respect.

I have no respect for anyone I fight with, but I will still play the game by my code of honor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

C0unter wrote: »
    When I play a fighting game. Like the Free Tekken game for PS3, I feel like… I am filled with honor. I knock a guy down to the ground, and I back away so they can get back up. Like the honorable martial arts fighter would. But… I guess no one in the ****ing world understands this concept since everyone from 7 ranks above me or first starting the game all do the same cheap tactics like spam the invincible attack or spam you with attacks that never give you a chance to do anything.

With that I say… Where is the honor in a martial arts fighting game, Like tekken (sorta), Virtual Fighter,marvel or street fighter. When in a martial arts fight, You bow to your opponet as a sign of honor. since you cant do that in a game, the best you can do is crouch when the match starts, only leading to about 50+ hits to the face. **** everyone who plays fighting games like its a competition. Fighting games should be played with a sense of respect.

I have no respect for anyone I fight with, but I will still play the game by my code of honor.
    lol I just duck to avoid EWGF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

You are not fighting with respect here.
    What you have actually done is decided on your own personal set of rules because you're not happy with the rules that exist in the game, and now you're angry that your opponent is not also following your rules despite you never actually telling them that's how you want to fight.

All your Code of Honor is is a shield you've put up to protect you from the need to actually learn the game properly. When you lose, it's no longer "Damn. My opponent is better than me and outplayed me." it's become "That asshole has no honor and only uses cheap tactics to win."

30532.jpg

There are no unwinnable fights in Tekken Revolution.
    Any time you find yourself in a situation where you never feel like you have a chance to fight back, you simply have not learned how to counter that attack string. Saying the opponent is cheap is insulting and petty. They learned how to put you in that annoying situation - it's your choice to learn to deal with it and counter attack or sit in a corner moping about honor.

And look at your policy of backing away whenever an opponent gets knocked down. Why are there attacks built into the game that are designed specifically to hit people on the ground if you're not supposed to use them?

If I saw someone back away from me every time I knocked someone down I would just assume they don't know how to punish me on the ground and exploit that weakness. If not that I would assume my opponent is deliberately going easy on me and would be pretty annoyed at them.

EDIT: On further reading I am beginning to suspect there is some sarcasm involved here.
    ok Thanks sairus,we should play a match sometime

No problem, dude. Might be a bit hard to get games going on account of my living in Japan though!

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    On further reading I am beginning to suspect there is some sarcasm involved here.

Tom is basically the cheapest Marvel player in Ireland :P He's after your time though, all these newbs in the scene makin' you look old Sai!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    all these newbs in the scene makin' you look old Sai!

survivor1.gif

Have you a gif for every occasion Nutrient? :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Have you a gif for every occasion Nutrient? :P

Oh you

o-u.gif

So does anyone want to fight me on SFxT?

So does anyone want to fight me on SFxT?

I'll play you

Say 20:30?

Just checked no Gold Membership, maybe wednesday

Advertisement