Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL- Manchester City v FC Barcelona - 19:45

• 18-02-2014 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

345.png549.png

City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Toure, Fernandinho, Kolarov, Silva, Negredo

Barca: Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, J.Alba, Sergio, Xavi, Cesc, Alexis, Messi, Iniesta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stupid broken sky dish!!!!1 arghh!!!!

fcuk you wind, fcuk you real good!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wouldn't mind seeing City win just to see AIGs reaction. Going to be 2 cracking games, I fancy City to go through though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Champions league I have missed thee

Hopefully a good game, Barca seem to be hitting some form, City are City, at home this season pretty amazing.

Could go any way this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Wouldn't mind seeing City win just to see AIGs reaction. Going to be 2 cracking games, I fancy City to go through though.

I dont think he will post much if City were to win.

Pity Aguero is out

Barca might sneak this

Looking forward to this.

Would like to see City win the tie but I doubt they will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can't see past a Barca win.

Could be a strange match thread though. Who will Ronnie' fans be rooting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Looking at the lineups, this looks like goals. I thought Javi Garcia would play beside Fernandinho with Yaya behind Negredo. Yaya won't sit and track which means Barca can expose Demichelis. But the flipside of that is he can do major damage to Barca when he gets on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm envisaging a Demichelis mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Looks like City going 4-4-1-1.
    Changing the team around like that may backfire. Better to play to their strengths.

Plus Demichelis is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

can see this going either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Barca will win tonight. 3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Havent seen iniesta on the wing in a while! Hopefully will be a good game. Score draw me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Two interesting team selections. For Barcelona, Fabregas, Iniesta and Xavi all start to maximize possession, Barcelona's best form of defence and attack. Alba and Alves will have to be disciplined, Kolarov offers good delivery from the left and Navas will look to run ino the space Alba regularly leaves behind. Mascherano in open play is generally quite good, in particular in one vs one situations but from set pieces could be a weakness. Sanchez with his diagonal running is chosen ahead of the more technically gifted Pedro.

Man City's line up looks rather defensive all things considered. Two left backs, Toure and Garcia holding the midfield with only 1 up front. Barcelona's away record in the Champions League is not fantastic and you'd think tonight is City's big chance to rack up an insurmountable lead.

It's tough to predict but, after seeing the line ups, my confidence is up. I think Barcelona will go to Manchester tonight and get a good result, be it a scored draw or even bringing a lead back to the Camp Nou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

2-1 Man City. Demichelis to score the winner from a corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Stupid broken sky dish!!!!1 arghh!!!!

fcuk you wind, fcuk you real good!!!

Easy fix in the scheme of things unless you have it mounted on the actual roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

2-1 Man City. Demichelis to score the winner from a corner.

And Michael Jackson to come back from the dead and do the moonwalk across the pitch at full time while performing "Thriller".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

General note to everyone: Can we have less of this please regardless of scoreline:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

And Michael Jackson to come back from the dead and do the moonwalk across the pitch at full time.

I would have more confidence in his dead monkey Bubbles lining out for us tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

City going to contain and look to spring Kolarov down the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

3-1 Barca. Hopefully Messi' on good form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Feel a bit more confident with Neymar not starting. Don't think we'll do worse than a draw, even with Demichelis starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

2-2 ... I think it could be a great open game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

listermint wrote: »
    Easy fix in the scheme of things unless you have it mounted on the actual roof.

Well it was on the roof, now its in my backgarden and another piece in the neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

No Aguero is a big blow, without him I don't see City getting a result tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

3-1 Barca & tie over in 1st Leg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

0-0.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Demichelis starts tonight?

Prediction: City 1-3 Barca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Only channel that appears to be showing this game is TV3. Not on Sky Sports, EPSN, BT, RTE or Setanta. Huge coup for viewership figures for TV3 if this is correct. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, I think Barca will win this, but just. It won't be easy and City will not be held scoreless either. 2-3 is my shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

DazMarz wrote: »
    Only channel that appears to be showing this game is TV3. Not on Sky Sports, EPSN, BT, RTE or Setanta. Huge coup for viewership figures for TV3 if this is correct. Maybe I'm wrong.

ITV with it's haphazard coverage and sheer determination to skip the CL music bit at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Itv?

Comon barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Also, I think Barca will win this, but just. It won't be easy and City will not be held scoreless either. 2-3 is my shout.

Also UTV/ITV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Didn't realise ITV were showing it too. I was thinking someone else must surely have it...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bit defensive from City, could be their downfall tbh, they need to go for it.

Demichelis could be badly shown up tonight I feel.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

That's good stuff City let's go

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

City with two banks of four and hoping to catch them on the counter.

Goodnight City.

City need to tighten up the passing in their own half, barca will murder you if you keep gifting them possession.

City getting outplayed so far. 7 Spanish players in the barca team vs 1 English player in city's team with none coming through the academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

City are going to park the bus and counter attack I see a city win

Oh my God Demichelis..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

masti123 wrote: »

To counter attack you actually need to keep the ball once you get it, all City do is give it back right away to Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

City not even trying to close down. They're on the way to a hiding if they keep this up.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Probably not the best tactic tbh.

week-in-week out they face this defensive setup.

City need to mix it up with more width etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

27% Possession so far for City, hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Oh my God Demichelis..

How on earth is this guy playing tonight, he's brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Demichelis is truly awful. Why is he playing for City? With all their money surely they could afford someone, anyone, better?

I disagree, I think they're playing right into Barca's hands. Don't think they have the defensive fortitude to withstand so much pressure, especially with Demichelis at cm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

City are going to get smashed here. Reminds me of first half of Arsenal - Barcelona at the Emirates in 2011.

Valdes makes a hash of the catch, gets a free :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

That's not a free. You flat out missed that catch Victor Valdes. Shove into the back of Negredo too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement