Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to say goodbye... (Selling my collection)

Options
  • 18-02-2014 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

The time has come to part ways with my collection, for numerous reasons. None of which sinister, it's just time to let go of my collection.

I'm still listing items as there is so much to get through. There is so much more to list, so please keep checking back until the document reads v1.0. I believe my prices are fair. I'm in no desperate rush to sell. My collection has taken me literally years to put together and in some cases years just to find and obtain pieces for sale and acquire them.

I'm not 100% sure I want to let go of some items, but I've listed them for sale anyway and if a buyer comes through I'll certainly consider it. However I am not accepting offers, lowballs or holds, sorry. Also, per the disclaimer in the document, items will only be sent by recorded and insured delivery. It saves any problems down the line and gives peace of mind to both buyer and seller. At the end of the day, shipping is a rip off, we all know it. However if you want your items to stand the best chance of arriving safe and pristine, you'll pay for recorded delivery. Sorry, no exceptions.

Please send payment by PayPal gift and pay the fee, or, if you are in Ireland, I will accept bank transfers. Prices are in GBP Sterling but I will accept Euro at current exchange rates. Items will be shipped within a couple of days after payment as suitable boxes and packing materials will be purchased bespoke to individual orders.

I can provide photos of items on request. I've not provided any in my document because, well, I'd be here an eternity documenting absolutely everything.

I look forward to moving my collection on to good homes. Thanks everyone (and I mean everyone) who I've met and been in touch with over the years. I've learned so much in such a short space of time (and I still can't solder haha!). All the best with your gaming endeavours. :)

LINK TO DOCUMENT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

One question, are the prices GBP or EUR?

Sorry I see you leave but its something I think we can all understand. Good luck in all your future projects! I'm sure this sint the last of you by any stretch!

All the best good sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Cheers sir. Prices are GBP but I will convert to EUR at market rates too of course. :)

Tis not the end. Just having a nap. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Good luck with the sale, looks like a complete labour of love.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohh god I'd love that copy of Geist Force. It's well worth the price but totally outside anything I could justify spending on it.

Good luck with the sale mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Hmm, any large discount for taking the lot(plus whatever you'll be adding to it)? Not the best time for me to be making large purchases but I just had to ask :)

Thanks all. :)

@SteveSI I have had a few enquiries about this already elsewhere. If you are seriously interested, I would hope the mods/admin wouldn't mind something of this nature being taken to PM. Or happy to chat by phone etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Steve SI wrote: »
    Hmm, any large discount for taking the lot(plus whatever you'll be adding to it)? Not the best time for me to be making large purchases but I just had to ask :)

Did you get that text I sent you ;)

MrVestek wrote: »
    Ohh god I'd love that copy of Geist Force. It's well worth the price but totally outside anything I could justify spending on it.

Good luck with the sale mate.

Sorry sir, it just sold this evening. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is there a price for Thunderforce Vi?

• Advertisement

I've updated the link to a live doc now. Sold items are crossed out. More to come tonight.

Thanks all. :)

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Did you get that text I sent you ;)

I did thanks :0)

List updated for tonight. More tomorrow... :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Sorry that sold already chief. List has been updated though yesterday. Still a good bit more to list though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Sorry that sold already chief. List has been updated though yesterday. Still a good bit more to list though.

Bugger

Any haggle room on the prices?

Steve SI wrote: »
    Any haggle room on the prices?

Possibly. I feel my collection is priced fairly keenly though so I am only looking at discounts for multiple item purchases. :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I thought you wrote Thunderforce IV there. That's gone. Thunderforce VI is available though.

Price is £18 plus shipping (sorry chief I can't do meets or collections presently). So it would be, according to today's PayPal currency exchange rate, €23 plus €3 tracked shipping.

If that works for you, it's yours. :)

Possibly. I feel my collection is priced fairly keenly though so I am only looking at discounts for multiple item purchases. :)

Darius Gaiden LD is what I'm after (well, actually I want the lot but I'm trying to not go mental). You have it down as 150 sterling. I don't want to insult you with a low ball offer so what's the best price on that particular item?

Ah I hear ya. Sorry chief, the prices on those LD's are super firm. If that's all good, let me know. :)

• Advertisement

Ah I hear ya. Sorry chief, the prices on those LD's are super firm. If that's all good, let me know. :)

Ok no probs. I don't think I'd pay that for it to be honest.
    You do have a few tasty items on that list that I'd jump on. But the prices are a little high on some of them. IMHO of course ;)

No probs. They are what they are. No rush to sell. :)

God I got paid today. Any wiggle room on Geist Force?

MrVestek wrote: »
    God I got paid today. Any wiggle room on Geist Force?

Sorry chief that was oddly the first thing that actually sold! :o

No probs. They are what they are. No rush to sell. :)

Clearly :D
    But seriously, nice list of stuff there. I'll keep an eye on it and if the prices should drop a little there's about 4-500 worth of stuff I'd be interested in.

No worries. :)

Sorry chief that was oddly the first thing that actually sold! :o

Darn. Hardly odd though... it's like gold dust! I'm kicking myself that I didn't get in on the original order for ASSEMBLER Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Am very curious about the Nintendo Lefty RX car. What sort of price were you thinking of?

ghostchant wrote: »
    Am very curious about the Nintendo Lefty RX car. What sort of price were you thinking of?

Yep. She's a beaut considering she's made in 1972! It's the first real RC car ever made. Nintendo beat Tamiya to the market with it in 1972. Tamiya wouldn't release their RC car until 1974.

So the Lefty is as historical as it is great fun!

I'm checking in to valuations. They are really rather rare. I saw a couple on eBay located in the USA recently and the boxes alone are sunfaded to ****e yet still command a high (eBay) value.

I know a chap who knows a bit about these things so am waiting on a proper valuation first before setting a price tag on it. :)

• Advertisement

Yep. She's a beaut considering she's made in 1972! It's the first real RC car ever made. Nintendo beat Tamiya to the market with it in 1972. Tamiya wouldn't release their RC car until 1974.

So the Lefty is as historical as it is great fun!

I'm checking in to valuations. They are really rather rare. I saw a couple on eBay located in the USA recently and the boxes alone are sunfaded to ****e yet still command a high (eBay) value.

I know a chap who knows a bit about these things so am waiting on a proper valuation first before setting a price tag on it. :)

I'll give you €4 for it. I have to cover costs and staff pay and pay for the rent etc... I'd only get €10,000 IF it ever sold.

To be honest there's not much of a market for these things right now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement