Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to say goodbye... (Selling my collection)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

MrVestek wrote: »
    To be honest there's not much of a market for these things right now...

It'd just go back in storage so. I know little about RC cars alas. :(

Bloody fun car to mess about with though and genius really. You can see Nintendo must have got a sniff of what Tamiya was up to. Back in 1972 this would have been incredibly expensive (and it was, I think the price was around ¥30-40,000, which even today is a lot of money). I reckon Nintendo stripped it down, made it turn left, kept it simple and saved a packet over Tamiya's first effort that followed 2 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

It does indeed look class. To be honest if it was a terrible piece of tat and just in a Nintendo box I'd want it.

I love this site actually, might be of interest if you haven't seen it before: http://blog.beforemario.com/p/nintendo-before-mario.html

The guy who runs that might be able to give you an accurate valuation. If all else fails I'd just like to see pics :)

I've looked around for old Ninty toys in Tokyo but I never really know where to look outside of the Mandarake stores, the contents of which I'd normally have to sell a kidney to afford.

I'll take retro game challenge if its still available mate.

I'll take retro game challenge if its still available mate.

Payment received. Shipped out this morning. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    It'd just go back in storage so. I know little about RC cars alas. :(

Bloody fun car to mess about with though and genius really. You can see Nintendo must have got a sniff of what Tamiya was up to. Back in 1972 this would have been incredibly expensive (and it was, I think the price was around ¥30-40,000, which even today is a lot of money). I reckon Nintendo stripped it down, made it turn left, kept it simple and saved a packet over Tamiya's first effort that followed 2 years later.

Sorry mate I was being facetious. My comments were supposed to parody the usual antics you see on Pawn Stars.

I'm sure somebody would be interested in it.

• Advertisement

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Payment received. Shipped out this morning. Cheers. :)

Received today mate, many thanks..I'll also take star soldier if its still available, PM me a total. Thanks

List updated.

List updated.

Bump!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement