Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former Boylans garage Celbridge.

Options
  • 18-02-2014 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what is going in here?
    Seems to some work ongoing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I heard it's being retained as a service station but I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I think I heard quite a while back that it was still going to be a service station, but with a McDonalds Drive Thru as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I heard it will be an Apple Green station

They have hooked up with Subway recently so I'd expect to see that rather than McDs but we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If its an Applegreen, any fast food will be Subway or Burger King as they hold franchise deals. They do have two sites with McDonalds in them (Naas Road and Drogheda) that I'm aware of but both were long pre-existing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I think the McDonalds story has been doing the rounds for about 10yrs, bit of an urban myth.
    Would be happy to see a subway in Celbridge to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

AppleGreen has been mentioned since SuperValu opened and now it looks more likely as the AppleGreen name went on it today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Hopefully there will be a subway as well,better for you then a mc D's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

2ndcoming wrote: »

Rather a lot of the stuff he's claiming/asserting their food contains is either illegal to use in Europe or requires notification. Anyway - pretty much all pre-processed food is full of stuff you'd be quite appalled to see written down on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Drove past it yesterday and the applegreen signs have gone up.
    Thats 2 applegreens now for Celbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Hopefully there will be a subway there, or even better have one in the other AG nearer me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Applegreen is open today as I drove past. No evidence of a branded franchise operating there from signage outside. Just mentions fresh coffee which is a bit odd with a Costa Coffee a hundred yards away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

tallpaul wrote: »
    No evidence of a branded franchise operating there from signage outside.

the premises beside the garage shop is still undeveloped; it was a car showroom and is plenty big to be converted to a food outlet

it would seem that this would be seperate to the apple green

Advertisement