Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to place MHRV Unit?

Options
  • 18-02-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I came across this old thred here and it was interesting to see how HRV has become more mainstream since.

Anyway I met with the MHRV unit supplier and we chatted about the system to some extent. One question I have is where to fit the unit. In the old thread (see above) some people said it was a good idea to have it installed inside the thermal envelope. It would be more efficient and also much easier to get to change filters.

If anyone has any advice it would be great to hear. Thanks. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

BarneyMc wrote: »
    Anyway I met with the MHRV unit supplier and we chatted about the system to some extent. One question I have is where to fit the unit. In the old thread (see above) some people said it was a good idea to have it installed inside the thermal envelope. It would be more efficient and also much easier to get to change filters.

If anyone has any advice it would be great to hear. Thanks. :)

I would always advise inside the thermal envelope. Exact location is layout specific but the plant room (if there is one) can be a suitable location

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

I've a really large "hot press" and decent sized utility. I suppose the "hot press" is best as it's a bit closer to the in and outlets (roof) and a bit more central in a vertical way - the ducts will run in the attic space and the ground floor ceiling void. I would treasure the space in the utility more also.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I've a really large "hot press" and decent sized utility. I suppose the "hot press" is best as it's a bit closer to the in and outlets (roof) and a bit more central in a vertical way - the ducts will run in the attic space and the ground floor ceiling void. I would treasure the space in the utility more also.
    inside the thermal envolpe & air-tightness envelope. the next question is whether can you fit the HRV ducts..

BryanF wrote: »
    inside the thermal envolpe & air-tightness envelope. the next question is whether can you fit the HRV ducts..

Sorry Bryan, can you explain the last part of this sentence?

Sorry Bryan, can you explain the last part of this sentence?
    the auld mobile letting me down today...

will you be able to fit the HRV ducts within the thermal envelop ?

• Advertisement

the auld mobile letting me down today...

will you be able to fit the HRV ducts within the thermal envelop ?

Welcome to the Fat Finger Club!

Well for the first floor ducting we'll be putting the ducts in the attic. They come pre-insulated and we'll also be burying them under the attic insulation.

The advantage I see with this is that the ducts will be easy to get at in future if required.

Welcome to the Fat Finger Club!

Well for the first floor ducting we'll be putting the ducts in the attic. They come pre-insulated and we'll also be burying them under the attic insulation.

The advantage I see with this is that the ducts will be easy to get at in future if required.
    penetrations through AT layer

penetrations through AT layer

Yes I'll have to use proper seals for this.

Advertisement