Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox downloads ignore my selected destination.

Options
  • 18-02-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Using v27.0.1, just recently my downloads are constantly going to the default Downloads folder on my C: (SSD) drive, yet I have Firefox set up to send them to my Data partition which is on the I: (HDD) drive.

Apart from this, have everything set up exactly as I want, addons, theme, button layout etc, so wouldn't like to have to uninstall (unless these settings can be saved).

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.
    CaSCaDe711 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

you should watch progress of ongoing downloads carefully. Then go ahead with completed download then you would be able to set predefined destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

janeparker wrote: »
    you should watch progress of ongoing downloads carefully. Then go ahead with completed download then you would be able to set predefined destination.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm unsure what you mean by this. Have changed the destination before downloading anything, then go ahead and download something, only to see it has ended up in the default folder (which is the Downloads folder in My Documents on the C: drive.)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

When download is started then progress shows in top left corner of browser. When it gives completed status then go through that link. Then you will be redirected towards downloaded copy. now you can open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Hi. Yes, that's the usual way I browse to my downloads (unless I have the particular folder open), but the issue is they are constantly being downloaded to the default destination, and not to the folder I set in Settings.

Recently updated Firefox, and there is still no change.

Looking in the about:config screen, I see plenty of settings when I search "download", but prefer not to mess about there just yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Open Options->General
    There is "Save files to" in Download section.

What do you see there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wont really solve the problem you have, downloads should go to the directory you picked, but Save File to :: Add-ons for Firefox is a great add on for picking download locations.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭stupid head

Freedownloadmanager.org

use that instead. Open source aswell.

No comparison.

Advertisement