Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fashion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Knex. wrote: »
    Actually bought a pair of them myself about two or three weeks ago on Talbot Street. Liking them so far.

Can ye narrow that down a bit please ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Got mine locally here in Cork. Just looking at their website there, they're in Dundrum and Ilac centres, Henry and Talbot street, and Tallaght??

Where in Cork did you get em? They're exactly what I'm looking for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Slattsy wrote: »
    Can ye narrow that down a bit please ;)

Think it was a shop called O Neills, but judging by their website they don't seem to have the full stock anymore.

https://www.oneillsshoes.ie/cat/boots2/page-1

I did see them in a few places around Henry Street/O'Connell Street though, I am sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

awec wrote: »
    Are them Sexton ones leather upper or suede?

Tommy Bowe shoes are decent but the website is crap.

Not sure if serious or telling a rugby joke ;)

Knex. wrote: »
    Think it was a shop called O Neills, but judging by their website they don't seem to have the full stock anymore.

https://www.oneillsshoes.ie/cat/boots2/page-1

I did see them in a few places around Henry Street/O'Connell Street though, I am sure.

I will suss it out.
    But if i dont find them......

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Where in Cork did you get em? They're exactly what I'm looking for!

Joe Murphy's Fermoy. Last time I was in he had a good selection of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

awec wrote: »
    Are them Sexton ones leather upper or suede?

Tommy Bowe shoes are decent but the website is crap.

Haven't seen any of them with leather upper, mine are canvas with rubber lower. Can't remember which model I have though as they don't seem to be on the site/discontinued??

So I don't know is the answer:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Gonna chance a pair of these lads because a certain shoe shop has them in size 13. Happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hide behind the post

With summer coming = beer garden weather i really need to find something other than shoes to wear.

Dont wear trainers at all. Only ever really wear things like Vans. But they never last i find. Anything else out there worth looking at, i find it very hard to see anything i like :(

Try Toms or Gordans with shorts....or any espadrille style. Wont look out of place from garden - beach - restaurant. Flip Flops however!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

driving shoes are really comfortable and work well with shorts or jeans

This site does really well made shoes at a good price.. Tods are the dogs bollix when it comes to drivers but are VERY expensive..Zara do some nice versions as well

http://www.hugsandco.com/products/tobacco-tasselled-driving-loafer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Debated with myself if I should put it in the suit thread or here... but what about formal shirts. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I generally stick with TM Lewin, generally the one in HoF so perhaps a slightly smaller collection but I wanted to branch out. Cant really fault them for quality or service but I have a good few from there and all the new range are pretty similar to what I have.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I picked up a few shirts from Henry Jermyn recently, happy with them so far. Similar fare to TM Lewin although I find their slim-fit cut is a bit slimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I know some turn their noses up at high street chains but Zara do great shirts for the office or with suits. I've extra long arms and am slim and their shirts always fit me perfectly. The styles and colours are always contemporary too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

ongarboy wrote: »
    I know some turn their noses up at high street chains but Zara do great shirts for the office or with suits. I've extra long arms and am slim and their shirts always fit me perfectly. The styles and colours are always contemporary too.

No need for anybody to turn their nose up to Zara of all the high street stores. They stock excellent fitting shirts that last well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I found the quality of TM Lewin shirts go downhill over the past 5 years or so.
    M&S top line shirts (sartorial) are excellent IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

I find my fashion sense is at odds with most men.

I am a long haired bearded tall bean pope. I like fedora hats and black and occasionally colorful hippy shirts.

I am finding it tough to find shops that stock my preferred style of garb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Best place for a decent waistcoat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Is it just Brown Thomas where I'd find a pair of Ray Bans?

I don't want to have to buy online as my funny shaped head might not suit them!

Looking to invest in a nice pair of sunglasses for the summer.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Is it just Brown Thomas where I'd find a pair of Ray Bans?

I don't want to have to buy online as my funny shaped head might not suit them!

Looking to invest in a nice pair of sunglasses for the summer.

Thanks!

I don't know where are you based, but there is a Sunglasses Hut in Dundrum that sells Ray Bans. There is also one in Liffey Valley as far as I know

• Advertisement

One in Jervis as well lad.

BDJW wrote: »
    I don't know where are you based, but there is a Sunglasses Hut in Dundrum that sells Ray Bans. There is also one in Liffey Valley as far as I know

Thanks very much!

One in Jervis as well lad.

Good man Slattsy, thanks.

Good man Slattsy, thanks.

Cant beat a nice pair of em.

Best place for a decent waistcoat?

If you're just looking for a formal type one, all the menswear high street stores offer them as separates from the suits they'd go be paired against (River Island/Top Man/Next etc). If you're looking for something a little quirky or different, try the vintage stores such as Eager Beaver in Temple Bar. They've loads of new and second hand waistcoats downstairs (leather, suede, paisley etc)

ongarboy wrote: »
    If you're just looking for a formal type one, all the menswear high street stores offer them as separates from the suits they'd go be paired against (River Island/Top Man/Next etc). If you're looking for something a little quirky or different, try the vintage stores such as Eager Beaver in Temple Bar. They've loads of new and second hand waistcoats downstairs (leather, suede, paisley etc)

High Street it is so :) will have a butchers in River Island and Topman

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gezone

You'll find a good range of Ray Ban in the Sunglasses@ concession in Arnotts, also have the new G Star Raw sunglasses that looked really cool :-)

Grab yerself a pair of second hand Ray Bans off adverts - got a savage pair of mint condition old school Wayfarers for 60 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Anyone recommend a place(s) online or in store where I could get some nice tshirts and polo's that are pretty cheap? I'm 20 years old and I feel tshirts and polo's are things I lack to wear on their own. I've a few handy ones I wear under hoodies or whatever and of course a few plain white tees but I'm looking to start wearing tshirts and polo's on nights out and stuff on their own and not under a hoodie/pullover/cardigan. So yeah relatively cheap (bearing in mind I'm a student :P) but sharp looking tees and polos for going to clubs and bars and stuff.

Cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Maybe not your thing, but give Marks and Sparks (Marks & Spencer, for the uninitiated!) a go. The 'Blue Harbour' range has contemporary t-shirts/polos that might suit.

TK MAXX is another option you might consider, but I don't know if they do online.

Qwertee (or something like that) offers unique t-shirt designs for 24 hours and they are quite reasonable.

M and M Direct are another crowd that do great bargains on all kinds of clothes, especially brand name t-shirts, polos and shirts.

allposters.ie also have an apparel section where you can find pop culture influenced t-shirts.

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

DazMarz wrote: »
    Maybe not your thing, but give Marks and Sparks (Marks & Spencer, for the uninitiated!) a go. The 'Blue Harbour' range has contemporary t-shirts/polos that might suit.

TK MAXX is another option you might consider, but I don't know if they do online.

Qwertee (or something like that) offers unique t-shirt designs for 24 hours and they are quite reasonable.

M and M Direct are another crowd that do great bargains on all kinds of clothes, especially brand name t-shirts, polos and shirts.

allposters.ie also have an apparel section where you can find pop culture influenced t-shirts.

Hope this helps!

M and M Direct are my go to place online alright and their stuff is usually deadly!

But cheers, thanks a million I'll be sure to check them out!! I must really get my ass out to town for a day or two before college and go crazy with the wallet though, way overdue :rolleyes:

Nice one Daz!

Lads looking for a decent pair of black shoes to compliment a 3 piece charcoal suit for a wedding

Like the pointy toe look so anything along those lines!

Lads looking for a decent pair of black shoes to compliment a 3 piece charcoal suit for a wedding

Like the pointy toe look so anything along those lines!

Sometimes TK Maxx can have some really nice one off pairs. River Island and Top Man can do nice in trend styles with pointy toes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

Where in Dublin has a good selection of Hugo Boss clothes/footwear?

Apart from their own store, where else has a good selection of Lacoste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Anyone recommend a place(s) online or in store where I could get some nice tshirts and polo's that are pretty cheap? I'm 20 years old and I feel tshirts and polo's are things I lack to wear on their own. I've a few handy ones I wear under hoodies or whatever and of course a few plain white tees but I'm looking to start wearing tshirts and polo's on nights out and stuff on their own and not under a hoodie/pullover/cardigan. So yeah relatively cheap (bearing in mind I'm a student :P) but sharp looking tees and polos for going to clubs and bars and stuff.

Cheers!!

Try ASOS, hundreds of t-shirts on there. I really like the Ringspun ones and they start from about €16. Youll get some FCUK, firetrap, etc on sale too starting from about €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

SPM1959 wrote: »

Arnotts have Hilfiger, Ted Baker, etc, pretty sure they have a Hugo Boss but not too sure about Lacoste. Good spot for browsing with all the different sections

SPM1959 wrote: »

If you're prepared to head out to Dundrum, Hugo Boss has a stand alone store there.

Best okace for waistcoats lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hey folks
    I'm off to a wedding in Spain next week , now I have a Beige Blazer and a light blue shirt
    I was wondering what u guys would go with for trousers , I'm thinking Navy slacks or jeans/chinos with Brown shoes
    What you guys think ?
    Any ideas

• Advertisement

Sounds ok to me. Maybe navyish or darker blue (not the same shade as shirt) chinos? Jeans would just be a little too casual for a wedding imo.

Maybe the Fashion forum over in Rec might give you a broader range of opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

I'm actually doing the same. Anyone know where to get one for not too expensive?

Trousers for sure. Bit more airy and lose than jeans or chinos.
    Not sure about a beige blazer with navy trousers. Id go navy all the way. Blue or white shirt.

Trousers for sure. Bit more airy and lose than jeans or chinos.
    Not sure about a beige blazer with navy trousers. Id go navy all the way. Blue or white shirt.

Actually, that sounds way better. A navy suit with an open necked crisp white or very pale blue shirt matched with good quality brown shoes.

Cowboy/Chelsea boots in Dublin, lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Which one? They are completely different.

• Advertisement

234 wrote: »
    Which one? They are completely different.

Both if possible please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Both if possible please :)

Chelsea boots are easy, there are two or three places on Grafton St that would do them. You can usually get them in Clarkes as well. Any large shoe shop doing formal shoes will have them.

Cowboy boots, no idea, not my thing. But I can understand that for something as niche as that it would be better to get a personal recommendation rather than just ordering stuff online.

234 wrote: »
    Chelsea boots are easy, there are two or three places on Grafton St that would do them. You can usually get them in Clarkes as well. Any large shoe shop doing formal shoes will have them.

Cowboy boots, no idea, not my thing. But I can understand that for something as niche as that it would be better to get a personal recommendation rather than just ordering stuff online.

Thanks for your reply

I've seen Chelsea boot in a few places but they're not the classic pointy toe winkplepicker ones that I'm looking for unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Picked up a pair of these bad boys from Clarks yesterday for work, very happy with them - for €80 they fit well and look quite nice

Next is a pair of casual shoes/boots for wearing out - thinking of something along these lines but open to suggestions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Cannot go wrong with them. Very versatile with most colours and with chinos or denim.

• Advertisement
Advertisement