Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard situation

Options
  • 18-02-2014 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I will be quitting my job in about 6 months. I am going to be working as a missionary for a nonprofit organization called HIM. The job at HIM is definite and it is a faith based operation where we rely on donations from supporters to operate and cover our living expenses. I will be working as pilot in a foreign country and will be going to school to receive some further training in aviation before completing fulfilling the position although I will be considered a missionary with organization while in training. The problem I have is dealing with my current employer while in this transition zone between the two jobs. I need 3 weeks off from my current job to go visit the location where I will be working with HIM and will also be needing some long weekends while doing fund raising events to gain supporters. I am having a hard time knowing how to approach my employer about the time I need off. I wish to keep my job until I leave for my training.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have you enough leave banked to book the time off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

jsc3582 wrote: »
    I will be quitting my job in about 6 months. I am going to be working as a missionary for a nonprofit organization called HIM. The job at HIM is definite and it is a faith based operation where we rely on donations from supporters to operate and cover our living expenses. I will be working as pilot in a foreign country and will be going to school to receive some further training in aviation before completing fulfilling the position although I will be considered a missionary with organization while in training. The problem I have is dealing with my current employer while in this transition zone between the two jobs. I need 3 weeks off from my current job to go visit the location where I will be working with HIM and will also be needing some long weekends while doing fund raising events to gain supporters. I am having a hard time knowing how to approach my employer about the time I need off. I wish to keep my job until I leave for my training.

Well for a start I wouldn't post information that clearly identifies who I am to my future employer and will soon reveal who I am to my current employer.

Advertisement