Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap Metal Law

Options
  • 18-02-2014 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is there eny law to collecting and selling scrap in Ireland do I need a license to do so or eny other documents thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I have a feeling that it's covered by the waste disposal laws - and yes, you need a permit to do that legally.

I'm gonna move this to Entrepreneurship and Business Management, hopefully someone there has more details or can point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

You need planning permission and an EPA licence for any premises where scrap metal is stored and/or processed in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

The previous posters are right. Slightly off topic but how to the cash for gold shops get away without a licence as they buy scrap metal too and none of them seem to hav a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

The previous posters are right. Slightly off topic but how to the cash for gold shops get away without a licence as they buy scrap metal too and none of them seem to hav a licence.

[Head twitching] [gritting teeth] [biting tongue] [deep breaths] [counting to ten]

Calm Down Tony ... Calm Down

[/counting to ten] [/deep breaths] [/biting tongue] [/gritting teeth] [/Head twitching]

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement