Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 week 9 reports

Options
  • 18-02-2014 11:34pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Jags 36- titans 64. By that score line the titans are clear winners... But I was trailing the whiole game due to 4 ints, 3 in the end zone and. One iof them at the 2 yard line

It was very right and u hasn't had the lead when Verner somehow manages a pick and puts me up by 6, I lose walker to a broken jaw but Stevens comes on and gets a 30 yard TD,, ayers manages another pick and returns in for 6 , Johnson gets a 78 yard run, on an end around Washington the Wr gets 82 yards and a TD, McCourty picks up a fumble and scores and finally mikell goes up on a Hail Mary picks off a pass and returns it for 70 yards
    Jags 7/20/6/3
    Titans 0/14/21/30

CJ gets 182 yards and 3 TDs
    Shorts gets 211 yards and 2 TDs

Gabberts gets sacked 3 times, crazy game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts beat the Patriots but it came at a cost, Dexter McCluster out for 6 weeks and Toler out for 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Colts beat the Patriots but it came at a cost, Dexter McCluster out for 6 weeks and Toler out for 8.

Big win colts but ye, those injuries r massive!

Big win colts but ye, those injuries r massive!

Ah we're just having the craic now that the season is over for us, we're taking 1 game at a time and see where it takes us, Yeah McCluster is a bigger loss then Toler, hes great on kick returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the Panthers 26-16 in a more one-sided affair than the scoreline suggests to move to 9-0 atop of the NFC South.

Like Raoul last gameweek, I knocked Luck out of the game a couple of times with the commentator saying it was a serious injury only for him to reappear next series. I don't think the CPU has factored in the change of QB either as Luck was running the option for a while at one stage :pac:

Bye week next week for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

My UPC is dropping every 10 minutes or so, comes back again and then drops again. Been at it for about a week and half now. Don't know why as the UPC ran like a dream for years :confused:

Ravens were 7-7 with the CPU Cardinals in the 2nd quarter last night and it dropped connection.

I can't say when this will be fixed. I'm allowed to restart once against the CPU but I'm certain the same will happen.

Going to let this one sim at the gameweek advance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mikemac1 wrote: »
    My UPC is dropping every 10 minutes or so, comes back again and then drops again. Been at it for about a week and half now. Don't know why as the UPC ran like a dream for years :confused:

Ravens were 7-7 with the CPU Cardinals in the 2nd quarter last night and it dropped connection.

I can't say when this will be fixed. I'm allowed to restart once against the CPU but I'm certain the same will happen.

Going to let this one sim at the gameweek advance

Just play it mike, if it drops it drops

Fair enough, will do that

I had to write here anyway to explain if I restart a game so that's done now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Fair enough, will do that

I had to write here anyway to explain if I restart a game so that's done now

Staying on your toes after the first ban :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Carroller wrote: »
    Staying on your toes after the first second ban :D

Tidied :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

After being pipped at the post the last few games, Rock gets his reward with a hard fought win over the Patriots.

Started badly as Brady threw an end zone INT with Alexander not even attempting to jump (note to self, user control in those situations!)

Patriots were winning by 4 (thanks to the most Gronk moment ever, a ridiculous one handed diving catch in the middle of the endzone) Colts in possession with 2 mins left in the game.
    It was stick or twist time for the Pats defence. Try to stop the Colts or let them score quickly and then rely on Gronk and Brady for some comeback magic.

I went for trying to stop them. And failed.
    I was left with 25secs to try to get into FG range but on the 3rd play Tom fires one to the sideline and it's picked by Mathis of all people!!
    Game over man!!!

Good game Rock, came at a cost to you though so unlucky there.
    I think you're downplaying your chances for the AFC South though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

guns4all wrote: »
    After being pipped at the post the last few games, Rock gets his reward with a hard fought win over the Patriots.

Started badly as Brady threw an end zone INT with Alexander not even attempting to jump (note to self, user control in those situations!)

Patriots were winning by 4 (thanks to the most Gronk moment ever, a ridiculous one handed diving catch in the middle of the endzone) Colts in possession with 2 mins left in the game.
    It was stick or twist time for the Pats defence. Try to stop the Colts or let them score quickly and then rely on Gronk and Brady for some comeback magic.

I went for trying to stop them. And failed.
    I was left with 25secs to try to get into FG range but on the 3rd play Tom fires one to the sideline and it's picked by Mathis of all people!!
    Game over man!!!

Good game Rock, came at a cost to you though so unlucky there.
    I think you're downplaying your chances for the AFC South though

It's all mind games...

No mind games here, we are a little goldfish swimming in a bowl with 2 big sharks.

Ye are watching to much Jose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lost heavily to the Texans, I believe they scored a TD on each and every possession.

My Bengals did OK on offense, marched right down the field on first 3 possessions, but came away with a pick, a FG and a missed FG.

At that point I was down 21-3 and it was pretty much game over.

Well done giffney, well deserved win.

Ravens Cards connection dropped again, was 10-0 up in the second quarter

Game to be simmed

I'd love to say UPC will sort it but I gave up after 11 minutes on hold today :(
    Try, try again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Eugh. Lost by ten. So annoying. Three fumbles basically cost me big time. Theoneadlum obviously has all his safeties and linebackers xp gone into big hitting abilities (not complaining), I think it is something that I need to look at.

Good game otherwise. First half I couldn't get to terms with your offence at all, second half I thought I did much better. Went in 21-7 at HT. I think if I didn't have the fumble in the 1st half, it would have been 14-7. Then again if I didn't fumble twice in the second half, I think it would have been a lot tighter, I still would have made you favourite to win but only by a late TD.

Well played and hopefully we meet in the playoffs

9ers beat CPU rams 42-34.

Kaepernick with 3 rushing TDs :o

Top of the Division :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Carroller wrote: »
    9ers beat CPU rams 42-34.

Kaepernick with 3 rushing TDs :o

Top of the Division :D

You should be ashamed of yourself :pac:

You should be ashamed of yourself :pac:

Whatever it takes man!!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Eagles 35 - 31 Seahawks

A bit of luck and the clock being on my side is the only thing that saw the Eagles through against Padraic's Hawks. Was a very good game, but I do feel fortunate to come away with the W and not even have to go through extra time for it.

Seahawks went into an early 21-7 lead, getting 3 unanswered TDs after Eagles scored on opening drive. Banks, who later would return a kick for what proved to be the game winning TD, returned the opener to Seattle's 17. Couple of nice drives from Padraic to capitalize on me swearing at the touch judges as my players went agonizingly out of bounds. First was very questionable, the second I doubted, and the third I finally challenged out of frustration :pac:

Ultimately, 2 INTs thrown let Eagles back into the game, and unfortunately then the clock was perhaps 10 seconds too short to let Padraic win it, if even that. He made it to my red zone but couldn't get the last snap off in time, having received the ball with 57 seconds on the clock, down by 4, and three time outs.

Great game Padraic and a good chat. Best of luck with the rest of your games, mate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Well played mate, I managed the last minute very badly shouldn't of ran the read option,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gary Ibbotson

Lions 48 Falcons 28. Turnovers helped me a lot in this game, both offences were driving down the field well and it only swung in my favour due to a few ints. Also apologies for throwing it late in the game, as soon as I did it I regretted it. Good game though!.....Really need to get my mic fixed too....

Advertisement