Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge advice needed

Options
  • 18-02-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi
    I am currently working. In this day and age there is always the possibility of being made redundant so I regularly look through job sites just because I like to know what's out there.

Pixifoto in newbridge seem to advertise for jobs a lot.
    There seems to be jobs advertised for there every few weeks.
    If I did lose my Job I would love to work In pixifoto.

Has anyone out there ever worked there?
    Or know anyone who has?
    Why do they advertise jobs so often?
    I would like to hear from anyone with any experience working there.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

if you see lots job offerings it means they are firing people every day

photo studios will be dead soon every one does everything on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

I know of somebody who had a brief employment with said company.... it was quite brief. They never tend to hold on to staff for past a week or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Pixifoto probably work like many photo agencies - you get paid commission on sales.

Call door to door looking to take family portraits etc or stand in a shopping centre.

Handy for young people getting sales experience and looking for a short-term job, but its just not a long term career for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jaded expat

I worked for PixiFoto for a year and I can not believe I stuck it out for that long. It is a shambles of a company and the way they treat their employees and customers is a joke. I was hired even though I told them I had 0 photography experience. That is fine because the job is 80% pestering sorry I mean canvassing people on the street or in shopping centres. It is a demeaning and disheartening job. If you a looking for a job as a photographer this is not the company for you. If you have photography experience that is not a plus. I was actually advised when recruiting that people with photography experience are the wrong people because they think they know it all. The senior management are very manipulative I frequently did overtime at the request of my boss and told I would be paid but never was. Our Studio was running successfully providing a more modern less cheesy style of photography until a new boss came in and made us put out the same trashy product PixiFoto have been forcing down peoples throats for years. They expect you to know everything and be an expert in everything without any support or training, I had never done marketing, photography or canvassing before and after a week and a half of training I was meant to know it all. When I asked for help they saw that as a sign of weakness and when senior management bullied all the staff out of the studio leaving me alone I was still expected to pull in the same figures as if I had a full team. My advice DO NOT EVER WORK FOR PIXIFOTO they will destroy your soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pink2014

Thanks for the replies.

Thankfully my work is going well again so I'm safe at the moment.
    @jaded expat thank you for that advice. Pixifoto sound like a very tough place to work.
    Well done for sticking it that long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement