Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a business

Options
  • 19-02-2014 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

A friend want to register a business name. It is for ahobby that may become a business and he wants to protect the name

Google says such a name exists in USA by youtubers. Would that mean it is registered and does it matter if it is regd in another country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You can check cro.ie to see if they have registered the name here. I would imaigne ahobby is a name used in a lot of countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭WayneScott

jimmii wrote: »
    You can check cro.ie to see if they have registered the name here. I would imaigne ahobby is a name used in a lot of countries.
    sorry a hobby is not the name. The business is a hobby which may have potential and he wants it regd. I will check cro.ie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Registering the business name will do little or nothing to protect it. You can have multiple entities with the same business name in Ireland. Registering the business name would allow your friend to get the .ie domain if its not already registered so that someone else cant get that but thats about all in terms of protection. It would also be worth his time making sure the name isn't in use somewhere else under a trademark.

Advertisement