Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Dublin for a week

Options
  • 19-02-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm moving to Dublin for work from Cork next week. Haven't any accommodation sorted yet so I'm in need to rent a room for a week, just until I can get a proper place to rent long term...

Has anyone any idea where I'd be able to look to get a room just to rent for a week at a reasonable enough price??

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Try a hostel. But Generator in Smithfield is cheap. But I don't know how decent it is good luck getting anything in Dublin in a week. I have friends looking for a place for months and still can't find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Frack

have you looked at airbnb.com? check out places for weekly deals, you might get lucky! try get somewhere on the green luas line or dart line if you are not going to stay in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You could try negotiating a weekly rate with a regular BnB. But you generally don't get a kitchen with that - and you may well get a short term self-contained via AirBnB.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Jurys Christchurch?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

What's your budget for a week?

Hostel is the cheapest option but not the most convenient

When I first moved to Dublin I stayed at a B&B on Lower Gardner Street for €40 a night B&B which I negotiated

• Advertisement
Advertisement