Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Answering

Options
  • 19-02-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭

Hi, have efibre for about 4 months.  Just noticed I'm paying a monthly charge for "Call Answering".  Never use it as we have an answering machine on our line.  Can I cancel the eircom call answering service, or is that a part of my 18 month contract?
    Thanks...........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

BowWow wrote: »
    Hi, have efibre for about 4 months.  Just noticed I'm paying a monthly charge for "Call Answering".  Never use it as we have an answering machine on our line.  Can I cancel the eircom call answering service, or is that a part of my 18 month contract?
    Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

There is no charge for call answering and it cannot be active if you have a mailbox/voicemail. Are you sure this is being charged for? and if so how much does your bill say it is?

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

There is no charge for call answering and it cannot be active if you have a mailbox/voicemail. Are you sure this is being charged for? and if so how much does your bill say it is?

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Thanks for looking.  Charge is €1.25 per month plus vat.  I'll PM you my account details if you like?
    Rgds..........

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Thanks for looking.  Charge is €1.25 per month plus vat.  I'll PM you my account details if you like?
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

I can confirm that this charge is for the mailbox. It may be categorised as in call services where call answering is also listed but I can confirm it's definitely for the mailbox/voicemail.

Thanks

Al

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

I can confirm that this charge is for the mailbox. It may be categorised as in call services where call answering is also listed but I can confirm it's definitely for the mailbox/voicemail.

Thanks

Al
    Ok, but can I cancel it?

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Ok, but can I cancel it?
    Hi BowWow

If I cancel the mailbox you will no longer be able to receive or check voice messages, are you sure you want this cancelled?

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Ok, but can I cancel it?
    Hi BowWow

If I cancel the mailbox you will no longer be able to receive or check voice messages, are you sure you want this cancelled?

Thanks

Al
    Yes I want to cancel please. 

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Ok, but can I cancel it?
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    No problem BowWow

I've just done this now and it will take 24hours to action.

Many thanks

Al

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Ok, but can I cancel it?
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    No problem BowWow

Many thanks

Al
    Thank you.
    Rgds........

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Ok, but can I cancel it?
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    No problem BowWow

Many thanks

Al
    Thank you.
    Rgds........
    Your are welcome BowWow

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Ok, but can I cancel it?
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    No problem BowWow

Many thanks

Al
    Thank you.
    Rgds........
    Your are welcome BowWow
    Hi Al,
    This is still on the bill received today for march? 

• Advertisement

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Ok, but can I cancel it?
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    No problem BowWow

Many thanks

Al
    Thank you.
    Rgds........
    Your are welcome BowWow
    Hi Al,

Hi BowWow

I can see that there had been batching complications in the order I processed to cease the mailbox. I have had management arrange for the full cease of the mailbox today and a refund for the cost of it.

Apologies for my error.

Al

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Ok, but can I cancel it?
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    No problem BowWow

Many thanks

Al
    Thank you.
    Rgds........
    Your are welcome BowWow
    Hi Al,

Hi BowWow

I can see that there had been batching complications in the order I processed to cease the mailbox. I have had management arrange for the full cease of the mailbox today and a refund for the cost of it.

Apologies for my error.

Al

Thanks...........
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Hi,
    Rgds..........
    l

Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    Ok, but can I cancel it?
    Hi BowWow

Thanks

Al
    No problem BowWow

Many thanks

Al
    Thank you.
    Rgds........
    Your are welcome BowWow
    Hi Al,

Hi BowWow

Apologies for my error.

Al
    Hi Al,
    Its on the April bill received yesterday....
    Rgds,
    Kieran.

Hi BowWow

I'm very sorry to hear this, I will investigate this and get back as soon as I have some information on how this happened and how we can rectify this.

Thanks
    Al

Hi BowWow

I'm very sorry to hear this, I will investigate this and get back as soon as I have some information on how this happened and how we can rectify this.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,
    Its still on the May bill received today.
    Surly this can be sorted?  Its now three months and four bills since I made the request.
    Rgds,
    Kieran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi there,

I will follow this up with Al and get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi there,

Thanks,

Tony
    Any update on this?
    Kieran.

Hi there,

Thanks,

Tony
    Any update on this?
    Kieran.
    Hi Kieran,

Apologies for the delays on this,

There have been issues surrounding this lately however I can no fully confirm the mailbox has been removed and your account has been credited €5 ex vat (1.25 x 4 months) for the overcharge in the past few bills.

Thanks
    Al

Hi there,

Thanks,

Tony
    Any update on this?
    Kieran.
    Hi Kieran,

There have been issues surrounding this lately however I can no fully confirm the mailbox has been removed and your account has been credited €5 ex vat (1.25 x 4 months) for the overcharge in the past few bills.

Thanks
    Al
    Al,
    Now have the June bill.  Whilst the credit is there for the 5 months, it has being billed again for June.
    Kieran.

Hi there,

Thanks,

Tony
    Any update on this?
    Kieran.
    Hi Kieran,

Thanks
    Al
    Al,
    Now have the June bill.  Whilst the credit is there for the 5 months, it has being billed again for June.
    Kieran.
    I'm sorry to hear this Bowwow,

I'll follow up on this and get back as soon as I have more info

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Thanks,

Tony
    Any update on this?
    Kieran.
    Hi Kieran,

Thanks
    Al
    Al,
    Kieran.

Thanks
    Al
    Al,
    Now have the July bill.  Still there.  Its now 7 months since I requested this to be removed...........
    Kieran.

Hi there,

Thanks,

Tony
    Any update on this?
    Kieran.
    Hi Kieran,

Thanks
    Al
    Al,
    Kieran.

Thanks
    Al
    Al,
    Now have the July bill.  Still there.  Its now 7 months since I requested this to be removed...........
    Kieran.
    Hi BowWow

I'm genuinely sorry about this - of course I'll arrange the rebate but I'll also make sure you don'e have to keep getting back to me on this. I'll update you as soon as I have more info.

Al

Al,
    Another month - another bill with this charge still on it.
    No rebate as promised in your last post either...
    Now 8 months waiting for a service to be cancelled........
    Kieran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Al,
    Another month - another bill with this charge still on it.
    No rebate as promised in your last post either...
    Now 8 months waiting for a service to be cancelled........
    Kieran.
    Hi BoWWow
    our apologies, this was requested and should have been altered. I am chasing this again and the rebate. We will advise once this has been done. Again our apologies you had to come back on this again.
    Tony

Guys,
    This is now getting beyond a joke!
    Just who do I have to talk to to get this sorted?  Its September - I asked for this in February.  Every month I get told how sorry you are and is should be ok, and you'll revert (never happens!).  I just want to cancel a service I don't use, but pay for.  Do I have to write to Herb Hribar and ask him to press the switch?
    Rgds.....   

Hi BowWow

Thanks
    Al

Hi BowWow

I'm genuinely sorry to see the call answering service charge of €1.25 has appeared again. There have been some issues in removing this previously however I have been assured by efibre accounts that this has now been fully removed. I will also ensure a rebate is arranged for where the service should not have appeared.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

classic eircom..

Hi BowWow

Thanks
    Al

Hi BowWow

I'm genuinely sorry to see the call answering service charge of €1.25 has appeared again. There have been some issues in removing this previously however I have been assured by efibre accounts that this has now been fully removed. I will also ensure a rebate is arranged for where the service should not have appeared.

Thanks
    Al
    Al,
    Read your post of the 8th. July - Groundhog Day.........

Hi BowWow

Thanks
    Al

Hi BowWow

Thanks
    Al
    Al,
    Hi BowWow

I'm aware of this and apologise. Efibre accounts have assured me it's deffinately gone now and a credit has been applied for where it has been charged.

Al

• Advertisement

Hi BowWow

Thanks
    Al

Hi BowWow

Thanks
    Al
    Al,
    Hi BowWow

I'm aware of this and apologise. Efibre accounts have assured me it's deffinately gone now and a credit has been applied for where it has been charged.

Al
    Hi Al,
    October bill arrived,  There is a credit for 4 months - I assume that is Jun to Sept - I previously got a credit for Feb to May.
    However the charge is yet again charged for October!
    9 waiting now..........
    Rgds

Advertisement