Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

audio adverts

Options
  • 19-02-2014 3:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Can you guys please stop them?

Also I am getting an obsessive repeated message about a shock plug wave crash over and over and over again on this site.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Can you guys please stop them?

Also I am getting an obsessive repeated message about a shock plug wave crash over and over and over again on this site.

Thanks.

use an ad blocker extension for your browser?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Claire,
    I will notify the traffic manager of this - if you come across it again, can you please post the click through URL here please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Hi Claire,
    I will notify the traffic manager of this - if you come across it again, can you please post the click through URL here please?

Ok. I changed some settings on my browser and they seem to have stopped. I will let you know if they start up again.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1136

It's happenning again, started at above link but it's all over boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

That's unfortunately not a help to track this down I'm afraid. If you see how it works on this thread, you'll see the sort of info we need to nuke these sorts of ads. You're not alone though, I've noticed one or two on my machine at home in the evenings, so something's not right.

• Advertisement

returnNull wrote: »
    use an ad blocker extension for your browser?

I can't advise someone to use ABP for Boards. Like it or not, the ads help to keep the site going. I seem to recall someone saying that a former admin used to siteban people on the spot for saying that they used an ad blocker.

I'm a subscriber so I haven't noticed these ads, but video ads with sound are extremely irritating!

Advertisement