Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair ban

Options
  • 19-02-2014 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello,

I would like to know why I was banned for this:
    image.jpg

He said "what a spectacularly chit attempt at linking." so I said "Sorry Bipolar Joe". I do see the harm in this as he had a go at me first so I said something witty back and I get banned but he did not.

The funny thing is the banned message said:
    You have been banned from After Hours for two weeks for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

But as you can see from the above Bipolar Joe was the one who first posted in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members

The username of the mod who banned me is 'Ruubot2'. I would appreciate it if an admin could have a look at this because I believe I was banned for upsetting a mods buddy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Taking into consideration your other posts, it's clear you're either trolling, or have seriously misjudged the tone of the forum and of the site in general. I'd advise you to refamiliarise yourself with the site rules and the forum charter of AH when your ban is up.

Ban upheld. You may ask for an admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iForgetMyPW

Penn wrote: »
    Taking into consideration your other posts, it's clear you're either trolling, or have seriously misjudged the tone of the forum and of the site in general. I'd advise you to refamiliarise yourself with the site rules and the forum charter of AH when your ban is up.

Ban upheld. You may ask for an admin to review this decision if you wish.

Yes as I said a number of times I would like an admin to look at this, why did you delete my "admin required" tag. Is it because you no a admin usually will not look at rec threads?

I actually take offence to you to say "Taking into consideration your other posts, it's clear you're either trolling". Did you even look at my other posts or is that just something you say to everyone? Also if my other posts were so bad why did I not receive an infraction or ban for them?

To be honest it seems like you are just looking for excuses as to why your fellow AH mod banned me and this is why I specifically said I want an admin to look at this because for the most part an admin should swallow his/her pride away and look at the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As per the chart above, before a Dispute goes to an admin, a Category Mod (in this case, me) reviews the moderator's decision first. Then if no agreement can be reached, it goes to an Admin. I also didn't change the thread prefix to Rec, the DR mod would have done that as is standard procedure for a dispute involving the Rec category before it requires admin attention.

And I stand by my claim that you are either trolling or haven't read the rules of the site. Your posts include comments such as:
    You really are talking out of your arse ain't you
    Nah tribes do get acne cuz I saw a black fella with acne on the luas the other day

As well as intentionally referring to a mod of the Transgender forum as "he", and increasing the text-size of "Bipolar" in Bipolar Joe's name.

Your ban was a result of the combination of these posts, and I am not a mod of After Hours, I'm a Category Mod for the Rec Category which After Hours is in.

I'll let the Admin know you want them to review this decision.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks, Penn.

iForgetMyPW, 13 posts to your name and I have issues already with half of them. Unless you cop on, this will be the first of many bans in a short Boards.ie career. This is not your personal playground.

Ban upheld, and I hope something learned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement