Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nelson Frazier Jr (Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V) Passes Away

Comments

Must've watched this the whole way through 100s of times.

RIP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

One of the most impressive big men in the ring, his spinning heel kick was awesome. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The only man to win a championship by legit falling on an opponent that couldn't kick out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

:( RIP

43 is NO age to go!

He was a BEAST, great preformer no matter what was given to him. And will be remembered fondly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Sad news, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Sad to hear, I liked Big Vis, but he was fired for weight issues and he should have taken that on board. 43 is too young for a man to die. As harsh as it sounds, I'd imagine there are some in WWE who are relieved this happened outside of their watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

As harsh as it sounds, I'd imagine there are some in WWE who are relieved this happened outside of their watch.

Or annoyed that they can't produce Big Daddy VI

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

He was much younger than I thought he was.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    He was much younger than I thought he was.

RIP.

Same here. He would've been in his mid to late twenties when I knew him ad Viscera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Another one taken too early.

R.I.P

It's one of the times I heard a rumour come to fruition. The dirt sheets were saying when he got drafted to ECW he was going to be repackaged akin to One Man Gang.

Was scratching my head but when he arrived as Big Daddy V I thought it was class. The Love Machine gimmick didn't do anything for me at all but his ECW run was definitely in my top 3 "monsters" in wrestling.

Might be a tad bit insensitive but on the weight thing. When I see somebody that big I think of their skeleton. You never see a big skeleton. Can you imagine BDV build on his skeleton. It's mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

That's sad news.

Have to say, I hated Mable /Men On A Mission gimmick, but once he turned into Viscera became a fan.

WWE/F never quite managed to use him to his potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Surprised also to hear he was only 43.

As nasty as it sounds, if you carry that sort of weight, your heart does not stand a chance.

Sad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I'm not his biggest fan but another huge loss in the wrestling world :(
    RIP big guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sad to hear, I liked Big Vis, but he was fired for weight issues and he should have taken that on board. 43 is too young for a man to die. As harsh as it sounds, I'd imagine there are some in WWE who are relieved this happened outside of their watch.

Really?

That's mad considering the amount of money they have spent down the years sending druggies to rehab.

To echo what others have said, hard to believe he was as young as he was, only 8 years older than I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Like others, I thought he was at least 10 years older than that. Seemed like he was around forever.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

This is very sad and what is ever sadder is I taught he had already died, another one gone too young RIP Big V

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

RIP. 43 is no age to be dying at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah this sucks. He provided a lot of funny moments with his gimmick as the world's largest love machine.

I think this is my favourite moment of his:

Another wrestler gone far too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

He was seriously carrying a dangerous amount of weight. It was inevitable he would get a heart attack sooner or later... unfortunately for him it proved fatal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

RIP

Advertisement