Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Geelong

Options
  • 19-02-2014 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im hoping to secure my 457 pretty soon and in I'll need to move to Geelong it looks like.

Is anyone here based out there? or has lived there that can give me some ideas of decent areas/nightlife/activities etc?

I could live in Melbourne but I think the commute would be too much so Geelong seems best.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Hi all,

Im hoping to secure my 457 pretty soon and in I'll need to move to Geelong it looks like.

Is anyone here based out there? or has lived there that can give me some ideas of decent areas/nightlife/activities etc?

I could live in Melbourne but I think the commute would be too much so Geelong seems best.

Thanks

What would you hours of work be? Commuting to Geelong from Melbourne wouldn't be too bad as you'd be going against the rush hour traffic. Early morning journey would be virtually hassle free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hi all,

Thanks
    If you have a car try living in queens cliff or Ocean grove I mean you are on the bellarine so enjoy a bit of sea side living.

Don't live in norlane or corio in Geelong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Zambia's suggestion is worth thinking about. Both really nice areas, if you like the beach lifestyle.

Geelong is only an hour on train for weekend trips to Melbourne. It's not a bad town in it's own right, but obviously doesn't have the attractions of big city that Melbourne does. I often take my bike down on train and ride the peninsula down there, there are some gorgeous little suburbs dotted around the town as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Work hours are 8:30 to 5:30. Ill likely be starting earlier though.

Going against Rush hour is true. If I was living in Melbs itd be in South Eastern Subs as Ive a lot of mates out that way and lived there before. Its prob a stretch.

Id consider North Melbourne as well.

Ocen Grove or Torquay would both suit. Ill havae a look there as well.

Ive heard good things re Newtown, West Geelong and the Geelong CBD. Canyone shed light?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Not realistic if you're going to live in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne. IMO the northern suburbs are much more fun than the south eastern suburbs anyway. If you're looking to be near your friends, north side of Melb will be a lot closer than Geelong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement