Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit transfer

Options
  • 19-02-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭

As is the case with many, I'm another Danske bank refugee.
    We opened a PTSB cureent a/c a fortnight ago. The question I have is how long it takes for the direct debits to transfer. They haven't done yet, the Danske bank account is still debiting them.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Did you fill in a 'switching pack' with PTSB? To be honest, I'd be slow to just rely on that to get all the stuff switched, if I were you I'd be contacting the originators (companies who you pay by direct debit) and confirming which account details they have on file for you. They may need to send out a new mandate for you to sign. That way at least you can be sure that everything has definitely moved over.

With regards to standing orders (if you have any) make a list of the ones you used to pay out of your Danske bank account, ask at PTSB which ones are on your new account, and then if there's any missing, I'd set them up manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

Yes, you are very right.

I've discovered that Danske refused to do the transfer to PTSB on the transfer date and no dd's were transferred.

Because of the fact that the account had gone into debit as a result of a direct debit take when I had emptied that Danske account,the transfer never happened.

As a result I now have to set up all the direct debits manually again.

I should have left more money in the account to cover stray dd's. Hopefully others can learn from this.

Advertisement