Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marty Jannetty

• 19-02-2014 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi,

I would love to know what fans opinions are on Marty Jannetty in general.

Would there be an interest from fans in a Jannetty live Q&A show similar to the Jim Cornette live show currently doing the rounds in the UK.

If no interest in MJ, who would you be interested in seeing in a similar one man event ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I wouldn't do business with Marty Jannetty. He still seems to be suffering from substance abuses going by his bizarre and incomprehensible Facebook updates. With his ankles so bad I am not sure he can even fly transatlantic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

@rovert thanks for your reply. I've seen his FB posts too, and half the time i think Marty is working the dirtsheets. Good point about his ankles.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hi,

I would love to know what fans opinions are on Marty Jannetty in general.

Would there be an interest from fans in a Jannetty live Q&A show similar to the Jim Cornette live show currently doing the rounds in the UK.

If no interest in MJ, who would you be interested in seeing in a similar one man event ?

All depends on who's running these shows, you get some amateurs who try to make a quick buck and rip the fans off.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

@loughc thanks for your input, i do admit i have never promoted shows of this type with wrestlers. I have done similar type shows with boxers. How do you mean the fans get ripped off. I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

As a talent, I thought he was very very good. He was as capable as Shawn at the break up and even had a PWI Match of the Year with him in 1993. He could just sadly never stay employed and was given a multitude of chances. Even when he came back in 2005 to reform the Rockers and fight Kurt Angle he could still go. A waste. His interviews these days are incoherent so a spoken word type gig might not be the best idea IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Marty? Not a single bit of interest among the older fans and the younger fans would have no clue who he is. His last few interviews have been awful and it would be a waste of time to try do something with him...

Iron Sheik on the other hand! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

@rovert thanks for your reply. I've seen his FB posts too, and half the time i think Marty is working the dirtsheets. Good point about his ankles.

I don't think he is working the dirtsheets. I could get accounts from people who have worked with him recently you really wanted. Whenever he is filmed is eyes are half shut and he is slurring his words. He is on the shortlist of people I would book or trust. You are better off with your reliable types such as Ted DiBiase, Honky Tonk Man or Rowdy Piper.
    @loughc thanks for your input, i do admit i have never promoted shows of this type with wrestlers. I have done similar type shows with boxers. How do you mean the fans get ripped off. I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks.

A few years ago there was a guy who promoted darts events who posted on here who quickly found out Wrestling was a different world and was exposed badly. Wrestlers are carnies by nature. If they sense any avenue for exploitation they will exploit it. From charming you into getting them to fly first class transatlantic to getting you to up their booking fee at short notice by saying were offered another booking America on the same date.

I fully admit to being risk averse when it comes to business. But Wrestling events of any kind ARE one of the easier ways to lose money you could name. Ireland isn't the UK we don't have the population base or the same tradition of attending Wrestling events or conventions. Also you can't spread costs by running multiple events in multiple cities the way you can in the UK.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    His interviews these days are incoherent so a spoken word type gig might not be the best idea IMO

This is actually a very good point. He seemed to be on methamphetamine here:

Taped within the last year or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Omackeral wrote: »
    As a talent, I thought he was very very good. He was as capable as Shawn at the break up and even had a PWI Match of the Year with him in 1993. He could just sadly never stay employed and was given a multitude of chances. Even when he came back in 2005 to reform the Rockers and fight Kurt Angle he could still go. A waste. His interviews these days are incoherent so a spoken word type gig might not be the best idea IMO

His match with Angle was very good

I always thought he was underrated myself

Had he a bust up with Vince?

Advertisement