Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Listing

Options
  • 19-02-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Why can i not see a list of direct debits set up on my account on 365? This was always previously available, now there is a load of junk on that page about cancelling DD's etc. Surely if i can cancel a direct debit, i should be allowed see a listing.
    Another let down by BOI.  The online banking tool is getting worse ,yet ye dont want anyone in the branch....... God help us, dont we pay enough in bank charges to get a decent service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi MaryMaryMary, 

Thanks for posting. 

With the introduction of the SEPA Direct Debit Scheme, there have been changes to how you can manage your Direct Debits online.

View Direct Debits
    If you wish to view your recent direct debits, please select the advanced option on the Recent Transactions page and from the ‘Show’ drop-down menu, choose Direct Debits/Credits.

SEPA Direct Debit Services
    If you wish to avail of SEPA Direct Debit Services including direct debit cancellations please select SEPA Direct Debit Services (this can also be accessed via the Online Service Desk). A full listing of SEPA direct debits cannot be viewed online, this can be requested from your account holding branch.

Non SEPA Direct Debits
    If you are unsure if a Direct Debit on your account has transitioned to SEPA, please contact the creditor/company directly to clarify this.

If you wish to cancel a non SEPA Direct Debit please contact 365 phone on 0818 365 365/ 00 353 1 4044000.

Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midight Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Satuday, Sunday and Holidays. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MaryMaryMary

Hi Billy,

Ok i can see that - however on the previous seen, i always knew what date they would be taken from the account, but not any more.... .Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Billy,

Ok i can see that - however on the previous seen, i always knew what date they would be taken from the account, but not any more.... .Why?
    Hi MaryMaryMary, 

As you correctly mention, on the previous screen, you could view the last date a direct debit left your account. Although the information isn't listed on a single screen, it is still available via the Recent Transactions option. 

If you require further information on direct debits, please call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 / 00 353 1 4044000 and a representative will be happy to help with any questions you have. 

Representative assisted hours are from 8am - 12midnight Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and Holidays. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MaryMaryMary

Thanks Billy, but i have to say - BOI are making it so difficlut for customers.  YOu dont want us in the branch and you remove the useful features we once had.
    I suggest that you clean up the direct debits page and remove all the junk which makes no sense to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi MaryMaryMary,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. We'd like to assure you that our aim is to make our customer's day to day banking easier and more convenient for them. 

Just to clarify, the SEPA direct debit scheme is a mandatory EU initiative and provides customers with improved and extended rights in relation to direct debit payments. For more information on this, please see here. Many of our customers are availing of these enhanced services and rights and are very receptive to them. 

Although there is a change in where you access your direct debit information on 365 Online, with the introduction of SEPA direct debits, you can now access extended information on payments debiting your account under SEPA. This detailed information was not available to the customer online with the previous direct debit system, known as IRECC direct debits.

The information displayed on the Manage Standing Orders screen is to assist customers with understanding these changes.

We will pass on your comments and feedback and do appreciate you taking the time to post.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

A full listing of SEPA direct debits cannot be viewed online, this can be requested from your account holding branch.
    Why can this list not be shown on 365 online ? Do other banks do this too ?

The SEPA page in 365 online is so cryptic i'm afraid to click any links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi grahamor[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The location of your direct debits that has changed via Bank of Ireland 365 Online, you now can view the last 12 months history of your direct debits through your transaction history. You may find the 'Advanced Search' option in the transaction history helpful to filter these for easy viewing. We have now facilitated customers with more extended information on their SEPA Direct Debits online.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We have a dedicated section on our main website here solely in relation to SEPA Direct Debits. If you are looking to submit a SEPA Direct Debit Services request and need any assistance, this section may help or you can call Bank of Ireland 365, a representative will be happy to go through this with you step by step.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or 00353 140 44000.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope this information helps to understand the services for SEPA Direct Debits. If we can help you further, please let us know.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Hi Alison,

Thanks for the info but it doesnt answer my question.

I want to view a list of all active direct debits i have, not the transaction history.

Why is it not possible to view this list in 365 online ?

Thanks,

Graham

Hi grahamor

It is no longer possible to view the list of active direct debits online, however you can certainly retrieve this list from your branch. A representative will be happy to arrange this for you.

We are sorry you are unhappy with this change and will forward your concerns to our SEPA Development Team.

You can also view contact details here for your branch.

Thanks
    Alison

Can you offer any insight into why such a simple feature is no longer available ?

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi grahamor[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately we don’t have further insight to this, we're sorry if this is not the response you were anticipating.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]As mentioned previously, although the active list may not be available as before they have added to the information available for active SEPA direct debits and added alot of new services to manage SEPA Direct Debit requests. The information that is not available online can be provided by your branch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement