Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strider (2014)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Horrible update, no idea whats going on, Wonderboy would have been a better update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just finished this early today. Total play time was just over 7 hours which was longer than I thought it would be. But I had been searching out all the upgrades and hidden items so ended with an 82% completion rate.

The one thing that annoyed me the most about this game was the way you could be hit by an enemy and keep getting hit as you recover. You can end up bouncing around unable to control the character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

On sale this week for Xbox One at a more reasonable €7.49, had 4.09 on my account from the rewards thing so cost me 3.40 in the end.

Having fun with it so far , it's tough on hard , the check points can be a bit unkind and having to pick up the collectibles again when you die is a pain, bus as said it feels very fluid and is fun dashing and sliding around. I was worried I was coming to this with rose tinted memories of enjoying the original so long ago.

I was going to hold out as I have a suspicion it will be free soon but at what I paid I won't complain, be interesting to see how the difficulty is later on and if i'll regret starting on the harder setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

calex71 wrote: »
    On sale this week for Xbox One at a more reasonable €7.49, had 4.09 on my account from the rewards thing so cost me 3.40 in the end.

Having fun with it so far , it's tough on hard , the check points can be a bit unkind and having to pick up the collectibles again when you die is a pain, bus as said it feels very fluid and is fun dashing and sliding around. I was worried I was coming to this with rose tinted memories of enjoying the original so long ago.

I was going to hold out as I have a suspicion it will be free soon but at what I paid I won't complain, be interesting to see how the difficulty is later on and if i'll regret starting on the harder setting.

Hard is a little unforgiving at the start due to the low health but a few health upgrades are available early on that balance it out.
    The game really opens up when you get the various cypher types and ability upgrades.
    Pity amazon took over the developers, i would have loved some extension to the game in the form of DLC, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Only downloaded this last night from PS+(Free:)),played about an hour and really liking it

Fast paced/responsive action,good soundtrack and i really like the art style,well worth a download on PS+

Not sure on the longevity as i have not even finished it once,but so far so good:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

EoinHef wrote: »
    Only downloaded this last night from PS+(Free:)),played about an hour and really liking it

Fast paced/responsive action,good soundtrack and i really like the art style,well worth a download on PS+

Not sure on the longevity as i have not even finished it once,but so far so good:)

Took me about 8 hours on hard finding all collectibles and a few attempts at some bosses, then another 3 hours for a speed run on normal for all the achievements/trophies collecting only upgrades.

Advertisement