Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are you a mira or triton man.

• 19-02-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

No to cause a riot but for your standard shower. Given the choice for a standard electric shower do you fit mira or triton?

I was always a mira man but they've gone dear. Like for a mains shower Triton is 70 euro cheaper. Parts are half the price too.

I donno but im being swayed.

are you a mira or triton man (std electric shower) 12 votes

mira
    0% 0 votes
    triton
    33% 4 votes
    other
    66% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Always a Mira for me. I've fit a good few over the years with no problems.
    I even have two in my own house. One 20 years and the other 7 years. No problem with either so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi
    I would be a Mira man. I have 5 daughters and the good lady. I never had a problem with the shower going 6 time a day plus - plus minimum.
    NW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

corkgsxr wrote: »
    No to cause a riot but for your standard shower. Given the choice for a standard electric shower do you fit mira or triton?

I was always a mira man but they've gone dear. Like for a mains shower Triton is 70 euro cheaper. Parts are half the price too.

I donno but im being swayed.

Parts ar easier obtained and cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Parts ar easier obtained and cheaper.

On triton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Sorry, yes i'm a Triton Man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Parts. Hmmmmm

Contacted Triton agents in Maynooth not long before Christmas looking for brushes for a T90si, "no longer supplied", their alternative is to replace the complete pump, which wasn't acceptable to me or the customer.

I managed to get some from another supplier in Dublin once the situation was clear, and they will be available from them for the forseeable future, but not overly impressed with Triton no longer supplying basics, given that the brushes don't last that long, this is the second unit in the house in 10 years, after the first was replaced as they didn't realise that brushes were the problem.

personal preference here is an expensive one, Aqualisa Quartz pumped digital, had it for 12 years now, and it is still one of the best showers I've come across for performance.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

On my sixth Triton now and never had any bother with them ;)

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Parts. Hmmmmm

Contacted Triton agents in Maynooth not long before Christmas looking for brushes for a T90si, "no longer supplied", their alternative is to replace the complete pump, which wasn't acceptable to me or the customer.

I managed to get some from another supplier in Dublin once the situation was clear, and they will be available from them for the forseeable future, but not overly impressed with Triton no longer supplying basics, given that the brushes don't last that long, this is the second unit in the house in 10 years, after the first was replaced as they didn't realise that brushes were the problem.

personal preference here is an expensive one, Aqualisa Quartz pumped digital, had it for 12 years now, and it is still one of the best showers I've come across for performance.

A very good point re parts for the Triton Steve.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement