Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Biotechnology in UCD?

Options
  • 19-02-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I got an offer to study MSc Biotechnology from both NUIG and UCD. I am an international student, so regardless about locality and social life. I want to know which university would be better to study biotechnology. I know NUIG location is good and fees is low, i mean lower than that of UCD, I heard UCD is big and impersonal university but regardless of this fact, and for employment and research basis, out of two which university is better?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 user5million

Hi, I've been looking at both of these courses too! From what I can tell by the websites I think the UCD one looks slightly better as you can do a placement in industry, which doesn't seem to be an option in NUIG (I may be wrong) but other than that it doesn't look like theres an enormous difference between the two.

How long did it take for your application to UCD to be processed, if you don't mind me asking? Did you have to do an interview before you got accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 abhayveer02

Hi, I've been looking at both of these courses too! From what I can tell by the websites I think the UCD one looks slightly better as you can do a placement in industry, which doesn't seem to be an option in NUIG (I may be wrong) but other than that it doesn't look like theres an enormous difference between the two.

How long did it take for your application to UCD to be processed, if you don't mind me asking? Did you have to do an interview before you got accepted?
    Thank you for helping me, I had an interview for NUIG, but not in UCD, however, after getting an offer from NUIG, I mailed UCD about the offer that I got from NUIG, and guess what they made an offer after 2 to 3 days.

Advertisement