Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leather waist jacket

• 19-02-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi all can anyone point me in the right direction to buy my oh a biker leather waistjacket in the waterford area other than the Harley division shop simply because the money on their stock is scary. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Might be worth giving a rough budget. As you said yourself some gear is crazy expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

go to the next bike rally that in the area or surrounding areas and get one off the lad who dose the stalls at them,,think there 60 and he trows in a few patches aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Go sleeveless denim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ebay is your best bet atm.

And DON'T put a Sons of Anarchy patch on it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i would of said ebay aswell but for some of the waist coats on there looks blue oyster bar-ish and ya cant trust the sizes to be exactly as listed from previous experience buying stuff off there with years,,,at least with the l;ad with the stall ya know what your getting there and then

• Advertisement

Size matters!.. If you're wearing your waist coat over a t-shirt or shirt go with your regular size, but if its being wore like a cut over a jacket etc I'd go two or even three sizes above your norm if buying off ebay.. Failing that a rally is your best bet.

i would of said ebay aswell but for some of the waist coats on there looks blue oyster bar-ish and ya cant trust the sizes to be exactly as listed from previous experience buying stuff off there with years,,,at least with the l;ad with the stall ya know what your getting there and then

Well in some respects cheap ain't good and good ain't cheap. Check out biltwell stuff -good but expensive. London leathers also, that or root round the second hand shops. The eager beaver in Dublin always has a stock of them. Size shouldn't be that much of an issue if it's goin over a jacket. Go at least xl

Well in some respects cheap ain't good and good ain't cheap. Check out biltwell stuff -good but expensive. London leathers also, that or root round the second hand shops. The eager beaver in Dublin always has a stock of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

man that runs rally stall is murty campion, kilkenny. will pm number

Go sleeveless denim!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Steveone Steveone Steveone

You've some sort of echo on your posts You've some sort of echo on your posts You've some sort of echo on your posts

Quack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Reasonably priced, quality vest here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I have a brown one, that I picked up years ago in The Belt Shop in the Coal Quay in Cork. Nicely-made, heavy, cool-looking thing, and not a bit Black Widows! :D

MonstaMash wrote: »

Thats actually a nice cut for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

He has a sleeveless denim,not good :-/

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Steveone Steveone Steveone

You've some sort of echo on your posts You've some sort of echo on your posts You've some sort of echo on your posts

Quack

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

MonstaMash wrote: »

Ooh cool, I have a emmm mate that wants one or something ....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

man that runs rally stall is murty campion, kilkenny. will pm number

Thanks a million murthy sorted him out. Caught up with him at the unfixables rally in clonmel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

yeah he da man :cool:

no bother at all glad i could help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

steveone wrote: »
    Huh?

Double post,just messing with you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

KTRIC wrote: »
    Ooh cool, I have a emmm mate that wants one or something ....

:pac:
    Accepted an offer of £58 off my bro for one ;)

£70/€85 including P&P for a quality cut is pretty good value & it arrived in 3 days :eek:

Advertisement