Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for supplier of Public Telephone Unit for small shop

Options
  • 19-02-2014 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

HI all....

Want to put in a Public Telephone in a public lobby of a shop unit and am looking to source a supplier of same.

Would envisage that the monies collected (which I keep after paying for the phone) will cover the cost of monthly line rental. Appreciate that I will have an initial capital outlay - but this is the price I must pay for a public service !

Any ideas welcomed.

(PS...still have an old Smart Telecom unit on wall with OUT OF ORDER on it - and am surprised at amount of people still wanting to use same!!)_

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I don't think I've used one in years.

Have you tries phoning Smart or Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Everyone has mobiles, it's years and years since I've seen a payphone

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

Check out Nimans - you can get the phone unit and an acoustic hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

Have you tries phoning Smart or Eircom?

Smart gone bust a few years now .. will try Eircom now!
    Everyone has mobiles, it's years and years since I've seen a payphone

Agree... but you still get tourists and the odd 'older' person willing to use same !
    Check out Nimans - you can get the phone unit and an acoustic hood.

Many thanks... great tip. Have my eye on a set and have emailed to open an account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Masala wrote: »
    Smart gone bust a few years now .. will try Eircom now!

Smart are still around - they were purchased by Digiweb a number of years ago. Not sure if they are still doing payphones any longer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

They arent doing payphones any more

Advertisement