Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naked shop street people?

Options
  • 19-02-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    Mad question.
    Was on shop street during the day a few years ago when a group of women in white coats cleared a space and showed they had nothing under the coats. The whole thing seemed practiced and choreographed and then they disappeared without any leaflet or collection or anything.
    What the hell was going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

davidore wrote: »
    Hi,
    Mad question.
    Was on shop street during the day a few years ago when a group of women in white coats cleared a space and showed they had nothing under the coats. The whole thing seemed practiced and choreographed and then they disappeared without any leaflet or collection or anything.
    What the hell was going on?

im just going to fire up my delorean and find out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Sounds like a flash mob.

Have you any photographic evidence?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Exhibitionists

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

snubbleste wrote: »
    Exhibitionists

Exhibitionism is the new showing off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

And you've been wondering about it since??
    I've a vague recollection that it had something to do with animal rights or a circus or something. Can't figure out what the connection was though.

Or maybe it was was a Donegal Day before the got grants to pay for the jerseys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

This happened.
    I was there.
    Saw it all..... and I mean ALL !!

It was a promo for Bold Art Gallery.

I was shambling into town early on a Saturday morning for a restorative fry from lynches...

Came up quay street, at the junction of cross street a crowd had gathered around a scene...

About 8 ladies in white plastic coats... marching around in a circle singing/humming for a bit...

Then, suddenly, they all faced outwards, yanked the coats open, and flashed !

Some were wearing basques... but a few, including the one in front of me, were totally nakkers...

And then, with all of us well and truly gobsmacked, they all marched off down cross street to the gallery....

I've been getting up very early every saturday morning since.. but alas, they haven't reappeared...

Don't mind yer ould 'Happy' videos.. bring back the Bold Ladies!!!

Flash mob? No... Flash Knob !

Vida

PS: there should be some photographic evidence somewhere cos there was a guy up on stepladder with a camera ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That's modern art in its most disgustingly lazy form.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

Yup, my expression captured exactly !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Ahh the female form. A group of women get naked in public when there's kids around and it's seen as art. If men did it they'd be arrested.

But still, Kudos! More boob please

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That's modern art in its most disgustingly lazy form.

If I throw up on a stencil of the mona lisa is that disgustingly lazy modern art or disgustingly lazy post-modern art?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's alt-mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

If I throw up on a stencil of the mona lisa is that disgustingly lazy modern art or disgustingly lazy post-modern art?

It could be an ironic critique of disgustingly lazy modern art :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Flashing mob?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Flashing mob?
    I would have hoped that people would have picked up that pun in my post. If not, I despair for the posters of the Galway City forum...

Advertisement