Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook help for a dumb novice and a privacy freak?

Options
  • 19-02-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Facebook and techie geeks just need some really basic tips about F.B and the best way to organize your friends!
    I have been on F.Book for 2/3 years but hadn't been really that concerned about privacy before! I didn't have stuff public but wasn't hugely concerned about what different relatives saw until lately!

One close relative was really bugging me as she kept popping up making inappropriate comments on other relatives photos which I had "liked" or "commented" on! I felt like I was being stalked so I actually blocked her! However if I want her to see something I need to make it public :eek:

So for somebody who is really concerned about privacy issues not allowing one "friend" to see your comments on another "friends" page..is it best to have all your comments "custom" or keep people you want at arms length in "acquaintances".
    What is the best way to control privacy if you have close relatives who you do not what to necessarily share stuff with but don't want to block either!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭stupid head

Delete your page altogether and go for a nice cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Delete your page altogether and go for a nice cycle.

Very helpful ............perhaps you need to go for a ride yourself!!!!!!!
    If ya can't advise don't waste your time!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Could a moderator please lock this thread now.....obviously computoes and technology was not the correct place to post this question. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement