Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Still no leaks on that gameplay?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tonyka

________

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Doom 3 is €2.49 on Steam at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Still no leaks on that gameplay?
    Nope

They must of had the cyberdemon running security at that gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Any word on when the beta will be ready? Google isn't being very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Any word on when the beta will be ready? Google isn't being very helpful.
    Speaking to PC Gamer about yesterday’s Doom reveal at QuakeCon, Bethesda Softworks VP of PR and Marketing Pete Hines explained that the livestream cut out because Doom isn’t ready for a “formal announcement." Only QuakeCon attendees in the room were allowed to see the gameplay demonstration, and unless video of it leaks, we probably won’t see anything else about Doom until next year.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/18/doom-was-revealed-to-counter-fears-of-trouble-at-id-software-public-reveal-unlikely-this-year/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Meanwhile one can pick up RAGE and Doom 3 BFG edition to pass the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

deathrider wrote: »
    They must of had the cyberdemon running security at that gig.

No reporters circle-strafing him endlessly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I got a beta key for this when i bought titanfall off g2play about 4 months ago.

Cant understand how beta keys are knocking around considering how far away the game is!!

EoinHef wrote: »
    Cant understand how beta keys are knocking around considering how far away the game is!!

Tis but a random 16 digit code sitting in an excel spread sheet to them right now. But closer to launch they will just go "email these user and tell the to use their keys"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any word on when the Doom beta may be coming out.

I wouldn't expect any movement on this for another 12 months, maybe christmas 2015 full release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I look forward to seeing the finished product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I'm encouraged by the proposed gameplay but not so much by the trailer. It looks too...hmmm like Doom the movie. There is too much of a human emphasis, it's too human-centric, ie 'we created the cyber demons' along the lines of a Frankenstein style narrative. I prefer the original's demons who just steal our tech and upgrade themselves, that was more mysterious and badass. Also I hope there isn't too much plot. These games have so much plot and characterisation it feels like sometimes I'm playing an interactive movie. Also invariably the plots, characters and voice acting are cliched and boring because it's design by committee so you end up with the most predictable, lowest common denominator stuff. I would like to see a Doom with a no name marine which is unrelenting, over the top and not ironic/sophisticated, like the original. Basically the videogaming equivalent of The Hound. And it should have a metal soundtrack, but a good one, not a modern one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Quake 3 arena physics, Serious Sam gameplay with tacked on multiplayer please!

Advertisement