Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new wireless alarm-DIY

Options
  • 19-02-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I am looking to self install a fully wireless alarm to include the following:

2 x PIR hall and landing
    1 x Wireless External bell
    1 x internal siren

3 x external doors
    4 X downstairs windows
    1 x landing window accessible via flat roof
    2 x bedroom windows accessible via flat roof
    = total 10 shock/contact sensors.

2 x front bedroom windows
    2 x Panic button (hall and bedroom)
    2 x Key fobs
    GSM option

Not looking for a monitored service at the moment, would like SMS alerts identifying sensor etc.

Would anybody recommend a system to cover the above? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I installed a visonic powermax in my house, great system, may not be very user friendly for most, but it complies to the EU regs.

Also, contact your home insurance provider, as they may not accept a self installation and you haven't a leg to stand on if God forbid you need to make a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

the \HKC quantum 70 or the Aritech ats 1000 are prob the best around as least they both have shock/contact sensors that work visonic shocks are not good at all they both have a gsm option to and they are both irish companys but you will need more tech knowhow to install the ats and as the other guy said your insurance company will not accept self install you need a cert to keep them happy but thats only if you are claiming the discount from them

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gkp1

Thanks both. The HKC shock sensors at around 60€ each certainly make the price shoot up. Also the GSM module is expensive. I use UPC for phone, what alerts can you get via standard voice call if I didn't go for the GSM option?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

gkp1 wrote: »
    Thanks both. The HKC shock sensors at around 60€ each certainly make the price shoot up. Also the GSM module is expensive. I use UPC for phone, what alerts can you get via standard voice call if I didn't go for the GSM option?

The HKC shocks are more expensive but the cover both gross and pulse detection on a window. The Visonic dont. The HKC sensors can also be wired out of so if you have extra opening you can cover these with wired contacts rather than needing a second sensor.

If you use the UPC with the HKC you get zone descriptions of alarm activation's.
    So if a living window is activated then the system will ring you and say alarm activation livingroom window. If an intruder persists and gets into your premises and you have PIRs installed the system will also tell you a PIR has being activated. It is a verified alarm rather than a false alarm.

Advertisement