Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web design tutor

Options
  • 19-02-2014 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

hi, ive been looking around for a web design tutor and cant really find any in ireland. Does anyone know of any? im learning it all in my spare time, have a ok understanding of html and css (having lots of problems related to positioning) and hope to learn the following

php
    javascript.. jquery
    cms+databases
    sql
    ajax

based in carlow but if knowone can do that here we could use skype and teamviewer??

thanks people
    Cole

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Check out lynda.com or udemy.com, excellent courses on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 colep

no dude.. thanks but im looking for a tutor. tutorials are great but not much good when you encounter a problem. could be waiting days for the answer on a forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

@colep - Might be worth posting on carlow forum also http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=954

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

tommycahir wrote: »
    @colep - Might be worth posting on carlow forum also http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=954

Cross-forum posting is generally frowned upon by mods/admins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Sites like stackoverflow are actually quite fast at replies if you are coherent enough.

Be polite, explain that you're new to this, explain the problem best you can, and you should have no problem finding people to help you.

Best way to learn though is to make mistakes, research why and fix it. Learning how to teach yourself will put you in good stead for the future.

• Advertisement

It will probably be expensive to get tutoring. Anyone who is good at this stuff will already be making a high hourly rate through creating websites. They'll want to make the same rate tutoring you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 colep

guy the thread is web design tutor. im not looking for advice on tutorials or sites or rates. im looking for a.... tutor :)

I'll tutor you, if you'll pay my hourly rate (DM for same - I'm not cheap).

I'm only OK on jQuery because I prefer to reuse existing open source functionality and can usually find something off the shelf that will work as-is or with slight modification, but I know the rest well,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

+1 for stackoverflow!

Teaching myself php at the moment and it has been a Godsend! Generally you will get answers within 15 mins or less and as long as you phrase your question in such a way as to give as much information as possible (Detailed question with code snippets) chances are you will get a solution to any problems you encounter.

I was hoping to get a tutor at one point too but it never came about so between the free intro courses on code academy and now using Lynda.com i have made a lot of progress. I agree having someone to ask questions would probably be a lot more beneficial but while you're still looking use the resources you have at your disposal.

Advertisement