Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Bayern Munich, 7:45, RTE2

• 19-02-2014 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Expecting a great game of football. Come on the Gunners! Lets get Arsene the trophy missing from his collection.

Bg2eIqnIgAA8lba.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I am expecting a Bayern win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

In order of preference;

(1) Any result where they don't score

(2) Any result where they don't score more than once

Not overly confident. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Arsenal 4-1 to win with bet365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Not overly confident either just looking forward to a great game. 0-0 would be a top result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Bayern Munich are going to smash Arsenal to bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

A draw would be a great result for Arsenal but tbh I can't see anything but a comfortable Bayern win (0-2)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not going to kid myself, I am expecting a dull boring game where we will try to keep a clean sheet at all costs. Hopefully do a better job of it than city last night.

Arsenal win hopefully but I'd be surprised if that happens. If Munich are in in top gear they are hard stopped.

Hope Arsenal are still in the tie come 2nd leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think the tie will be over after tonight. Bayern to win 2 or 3 nil.

I'm afraid we'll get smashed too but then again; you'd have said the same when Barcelona came to town in 2011.

You never know....

I hope. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can't wait for this

Hoping for an Arsenal win but very unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Arsenal will get mullered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Arsenal 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can't see past a Bayern win. Think Arsenals win in the 2nd leg last season after the game was over is giving their fans a bit of false confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

cson wrote: »
    I'm afraid we'll get smashed too but then again; you'd have said the same when Barcelona came to town in 2011.

You never know....

I hope. :o

A repeat of that would be awesome. Arguably the best night at the Emirates yet.

Ribery out tonight is a big help and Shaqiri as well.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can't see past a Bayern win. Think Arsenals win in the 2nd leg last season after the game was over is giving their fans a bit of false confidence.

No Arsenal fan is confident, all know we are going out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I don't think you've noticed that we're going into this game with absolutely no expectations. Confidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I don't think Arsenal will get steamrolled, that is of course if they can keep their heads early on. Can see Bayern doing a smash and grab though in the end.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Just couldn't resist the price on Arsenal ,Small wager ,so come on the Gunners

(feel a small bit dirty now :D)

Game wasn't over until 90+2 in Munich. There was a ~6min spell where if we'd scored, they were out.

I don't think you're seeing any confidence from Arsenal fans on here either; any posts you see all seem to be delighted with draws etc.

Or is it that we're being confident by expecting not to be battered at home by 3/4/5 goals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Just couldn't resist the price on Arsenal ,Small wager ,so come on the Gunners

(feel a small bit dirty now :D)

What price did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Bayern have yet to concede a goal in February - their aggregate score is 16 - 0 (in 4 matches).

On the other hand,(trying desperately to find something positive) City were the last team to beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Arsenal to take the lead but Bayern to win 3-1.

Though a Gooners win would set up 2nd leg rather nicely :D

From Arseblog:

As well as that Paddy Power have a new account exclusive giving you a HUGE ENHANCED price of 10/1 on Arsenal to beat Bayern Munich in the Champion’s League clash – New Accounts Only – Sign up through the link below now. Tasty odds.
    http://pdy.pr/Arsenal10to1

Tempting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

greendom wrote: »
    Bayern have yet to concede a goal in February - their aggregate score is 16 - 0 (in 4 matches).

On the other hand,(trying desperately to find something positive) City were the last team to beat them.

The last team to keep a clean sheet against Bayern Munich...Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

if we approach the game like we've nothing to lose then i think we have a chance. if we over think it i think we'll get smashed. expecting to go out so just hope for a good game that wont dent our confidence really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think Arsenal fans are selling themselves a bit short here. I mean its not like demichelis can line out for ye :D

My guess would be 1-1 and bayern would be very happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bayern 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have been studying this game all day and I think it will end 1 -- 2 which would in effect put us out of the tie as I don't think we could score 2 out there again.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'd like to see Arsenal get a result. But...

Arsenal 1-3 Bayern

I think Arsenal fans are selling themselves a bit short here. I mean its not like demichelis can line out for ye :D

My guess would be 1-1 and bayern would be very happy with that.

As an Arsenal fan I would tend to agree a little. This is an away knockout tie in Europe and Guardiola's first with Bayern. They will be careful too. Be surprised if it is a blitz. Barca under Guardiola lost and drew here when Barca were at their absolute peak.

Ribery is out and Bayern are cruising a little too easily at present. So there is a chance.

Problem for Arsenal is the lack of a goal threat. Our two best goal scorers in Ramsey and Walcott are missing.

No result bar Arsenal winning by 2 goals plus would surprise me but I will be optimistic and say we take a 1-1 draw tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

What price did you get?

Unfortunately I only have a PP account online (with cash in it :) ) so 7/2 ,I know there's better odds available :mad: ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Raf32 wrote: »
    No Arsenal fan is confident, all know we are going out :pac:

Hopefully:pac:

At least one poster has a bit of confidence. Fairly sure there would be plenty of similar comments in the thread.
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    First half is so important for us, keep it tight and if its still 0-0 I really fancy our chance to win the game. Clean sheet would be so valuable because I can see us scoring over there on the counter attack while there chasing the game.

• Advertisement

At least one poster has a bit of confidence. Fairly sure there would be plenty of similar comments in the thread.

Ya - that's a pretty enormous sample size you are working off there.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Bloody hell. You can see the Arsenal fans comments here. Why are you trying to get a dig in for the sake of it?

ronjo wrote: »
    Bloody hell. You can see the Arsenal fans comments here. Why are you trying to get a dig in for the sake of it?

He just really hates Arsenal for some reason. Maybe Michael Thomas related such is the lemon like nature of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

ronjo wrote: »
    Why are you trying to get a dig in for the sake of it?

Still sore from last weekend perhaps

cson wrote: »
    He just really hates Arsenal for some reason. Maybe Michael Thomas related such is the lemon like nature of it.

But does he have to go on and on and on about it

• Advertisement

I think he is getting sick of having to support different teams with his not having been in it for years :pac:

Clubs have met 3 times since 2000, all in the last 16 stage

If Flamini plays he'll be the only player playing from the 04/05 games

The first leg in 04/05 ended 1-3, second leg 1-0
    The first leg last year ended 1-3, second leg 2-0

So first leg this year 1-3 and second leg 3-0 with Arsenal going through is on :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

All I'm going to say is that I think Arsenal are going to win. Maybe 2-1.

Clubs have met 3 times since 2000, all in the last 16 stage

If Flamini plays he'll be the only player playing from the 04/05 games

The first leg in 04/05 ended 1-3, second leg 1-0
    The first leg last year ended 1-3, second leg 2-0

So first leg this year 1-3 and second leg 3-0 with Arsenal going through is on :pac:

You would get good odds on that :)

Have a feeling Sanogo will start

That'd be a suicidal call imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

You'd have to wonder the state of mind Giroud is in at the moment. Some players are able to put personal matters to one side or even thrive once they are out on the pitch. Hopefully Giroud is one of those.

greendom wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder the state of mind Giroud is in at the moment. Some players are able to put personal matters to one side or even thrive once they are out on the pitch. Hopefully Giroud is one of those.

Sure it's madness a lad like him being married in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

When the mickey is dictating to the brain you are in trouble but hopefully Giroud will play and play well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bayern: Neuer - Dante, Thiago, Martínez, Mandzukić, Robben, Boateng, Götze, Lahm (C), Alaba, Kroos

Sanogo to start?!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement