Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer in primary since late november

Options
  • 19-02-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

As above, beer in primary since late November, is the yeast still viable for bottle conditioning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

macnug wrote: »
    As above, beer in primary since late November, is the yeast still viable for bottle conditioning?

Not sure is the answer, but why not go ahead and bottle it anyway. You never know, you might be pleasantly surprised!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It'll be fine I'd say. I'd be more concerned by how the beer is tasting at this stage. You could have a bucket of Marmite on your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

As long as it's not a lager it'll probably be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Yea I think I might have a taste of it before bottling. It's just a basic extract ale. I'm just worried the yeast won't carbonate the beer, safeale 05 I think it was.

Advertisement