Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Airlines

Options
  • 19-02-2014 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Just looking at some flights on skyscanner to go from dublin to chicago or dallas. The cheapest at the min is with Virgin Atlantic. I've never flown with them. Does anyone have an advise on how good the service is, comfort, seat back video etc. Its a long flight as its going from dublin to london and then on to the US.

Would appreciate any thoughts!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Just looking at some flights on skyscanner to go from dublin to chicago or dallas. The cheapest at the min is with Virgin Atlantic. I've never flown with them. Does anyone have an advise on how good the service is, comfort, seat back video etc. Its a long flight as its going from dublin to london and then on to the US.

Would appreciate any thoughts!!!!!

I've heard they are terrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Flew Virgin LHR to LAx about 10 years ago.

One of the best flights experiences ever... They even came around during the movies with popcorn & ice creams

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Wow that sounds good. Was there seat back entertainment? 10 years ago maybe not!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I have flown with them twice and after the 1st time I tried to get further flights with them. They have back seat entertainment and I found the staff better than most.
    I have flown with Delta also ( not as good) and I know someone who went with American Airlines recently ( said it was a bit like Ryanair).

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Have flown with them twice, last time about 8yrs ago and they were fantastic. Individual little tv's that double up as nintendos and great selection of entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Wow that sounds good. Was there seat back entertainment? 10 years ago maybe not!

Can't remember if they did, we were in a bulkhead & had a 12" (or thereabouts) screen just in front of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭black123

flew with them to Maimi on honeymoon was awful better leg room on ryanair most uncomfortable flight ever couldnt get over it.

black123 wrote: »
    flew with them to Maimi on honeymoon was awful better leg room on ryanair most uncomfortable flight ever couldnt get over it.

Oh so not cosy!!!! I'm hoping to book by the end of the week. Virgin are coming up the cheapest but if they are that uncomfortable I'd avoid booking with them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Virgin airlines is simply one of the best . I've flown with them a good few times and everytime I thought they were great.

Service is good . As one poster said they bring ice cream and popcorn around . Good entertainment.

I would assume that all transatlantic flights would be with the same aircraft. The flight I was looking at flew dub to London to Chicago. I wonder have they some smaller planes that haven't as good a service.

Comments here have been mostly positive so that's a good sign to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭black123

Oh so not cosy!!!! I'm hoping to book by the end of the week. Virgin are coming up the cheapest but if they are that uncomfortable I'd avoid booking with them

Well the rows were 2seats 4seats 2seats so we were in a row of two seats together. There seemed to be more room in the row with 4 seats together. But definitely don't get the two seats together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

black123 wrote: »
    Well the rows were 2seats 4seats 2seats so we were in a row of two seats together. There seemed to be more room in the row with 4 seats together. But definitely don't get the two seats together.

'Service' can be very subjective, luckily legroom is quite objective, and they seem about average, here's the list: http://www.seatguru.com/charts/longhaul_economy.php

Perhaps you got one of those seats that has the computer equipment for the TV right under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Virgin are great. I would love to fly with them all the time but they are rarely the cheapest. I would book it ASAP if I were you!

Great comments so i think I'll run with it!!!!!! Thanks for everyone's help!!!!!

Advertisement