Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will we get sorted?

Options
  • 19-02-2014 8:04pm

We have have been unable to use our house phones for the past 6 weeks. Our internet connection is, at best, unreliable. We have logged the fault, no joy. We have rang  customer care, no joy. I have been on live chat with a customer service guy called Bo**** who was supposed to get back to us last week, we are still waiting for contact. Between trying to get our internet sorted and now this problem, Eircom have been dire to deal with and provide a very bad service. Oh and by the way, thanks very much for the prompt bill we got the other day - probably the only efficiency we have come across with Eircom. Any idea when the phone service we can't use but have to pay for will be working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    We have have been unable to use our house phones for the past 6 weeks. Our internet connection is, at best, unreliable. We have logged the fault, no joy. We have rang  customer care, no joy. I have been on live chat with a customer service guy called Bo**** who was supposed to get back to us last week, we are still waiting for contact. Between trying to get our internet sorted and now this problem, Eircom have been dire to deal with and provide a very bad service. Oh and by the way, thanks very much for the prompt bill we got the other day - probably the only efficiency we have come across with Eircom. Any idea when the phone service we can't use but have to pay for will be working?

Hi Mayo Gurl

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced so far. Please PM me your eircom account number and details of the issues you are experiencing with your broadband & line and I will look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

I sent a PM yesterday morning. Am STILL waiting for some sort of reply. 

Many thanks for the automated call this morning re the phone bill. That would be, of course, for the phone that does not work. Fabulous service from Eircom.

I sent a PM yesterday morning. Am STILL waiting for some sort of reply. 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Mayo Gurl

Apologies for this delay, I had requested clarification from technicians on Friday and I had also requested them to treat as urgent considering the duration of the down time, they got back to me this morning informing me that there is quite a large external issue on your line which requires works by a crew of technicians (ref number 12115569)

They did also advise that they hope to have this resolved within the next three working days and apologise for the delays involved. The severe weather has created a lot of delays as there has been a high number of damages created to the network.

You will be able to claim a rebate for the downtime once the issue is resolved by contacting eircoms customer charter on free phone 1800400000.

Thanks

Al[/font]

We are still not sorted? Our internet goes down if the phone rings. I would ring Eircon to report it but our phones don't ring out. Live chat told us that there is a problem in Galway, not sure what that has to do with me. Also, said it should be resolved by last Wednesday. Highly professional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

u either have a faulty dsl filter or no filter plugged into the phone socket i reckon.

they look like this

zmj2.jpg

We are still not sorted? Our internet goes down if the phone rings. I would ring Eircon to report it but our phones don't ring out. Live chat told us that there is a problem in Galway, not sure what that has to do with me. Also, said it should be resolved by last Wednesday. Highly professional.
    Hi Mayo Gurl

I've just looked in to this and the latest notes reflect that technicians are on site right now. There are damages to the line and I'm afraid I will not know how long it will take to resolve but if I notice an indicated timeframe i will let you know.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement