Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B2B Online Payment Options

Options
  • 19-02-2014 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

So I have a SAAS (Software as a service) business and I am wondering if there are any more payment options besides recurring credit card charges that I can offer my customers?

Some people have suggested PayPal, Google Wallet and 2Checkout. Is there any other major ones I am missing B2B-wise.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

For a B2B offering I can't imagine PayPal, Google Wallet and 2Checkout are going to add much unless you do a lot of business at the smaller end of your market.

I'm assuming you already offer to issue invoices and accept international bank transfers for annual subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

This might be of some help:

https://www.chargebee.com/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Dont forget the old staples of Direct Debit and Standing Orders! but be aware of the new rules under SEPA.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

This might be of some help:

https://www.chargebee.com/index.html

The major drawback to most of the billing as a service offerings out there is the ongoing costs.

By the time you've paid out to integrate the service with your site, then paid the monthly/transaction costs you're often looking at spending more than having a custom billing solution written for you.

Of course you probably won't realise this until you're website is fully integrated by which time you're locked in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 ejohnl

So I have a SAAS (Software as a service) business and I am wondering if there are any more payment options besides recurring credit card charges that I can offer my customers?

Some people have suggested PayPal, Google Wallet and 2Checkout. Is there any other major ones I am missing B2B-wise.

Cheers

You could check this list of over 15 credit card processing companies as an alternative to PayPal etc. It is compiled into a Google spreadsheet and was set to be publicly editable. So if anyone wants to add more, they can do so.

The list is sorted according to its Alexa ranking, so its really good to figure out which of those that are used by most people.

Hope it helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement