Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional drop down menu in subscriptions view

Options
  • 19-02-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place...

I regularly use the subscriptions section of my profile, it's the page I have bookmarked.

One niggle that gets me is the fact that I have to scroll to the bottom to use the drop down, to say delete a subscription.
    Generally what happens is that I reply to a thread, and am interested in the initial response but after a while no longer have an interest (generally in busy threads) so I delete the subscription. Yes I could click unfollow in the thread, or I could click the link in the email I get, but there is a drop down on the page so why not make it a bit handier?
    There are buttons to navigate to my different pages of subscribed tabs at the top and bottom, so why not the drop down that allows me to edit my preferences?!
    I'm in no way a developer but have done a bit of html coding in the past so would imagine its fairly simple to implement as it's just duplicating the drop down at the bottom?

Or am I nuts? :)

edit: title should read "drop [down menu] in"
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Use the unfollow button on the thread, it's quicker. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I refuse to use that button because it's not a word :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

They included vacay as well for the people who are to lazy to use one extra syllable. That still doesn't make it a real word. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Orion wrote: »
    They included vacay as well for the people who are to lazy to use one extra syllable. That still doesn't make it a real word. :p

We should have a whip around and buy you the full Oxford Dictionary set, just so we can watch you sit down and cry at what counts as a word in our language.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I amended the title to what you wanted it to be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

nesf wrote: »
    Use the unfollow button on the thread, it's quicker. :)

As I mentioned in my first post, its not quicker if your in subscription view and have no need to go into the thread!
    Gordon wrote: »
    I amended the title to what you wanted it to be ;)

Why thank you, I didn't actually mean for the square brackets to be included but sure it looks lovely now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hehe, I know, was just messing with ya. Fixed it now.

Advertisement