Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sister is on a weeks hol in Orlando, wants to get IPad......should she get insurance?

• 19-02-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, she probably going to get an Apple device over there and bring it back. Should she get the international insurance cover or should she just leave it?

Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Me either. If there's any fault with the device apple warranty has you covered. As long as she gets a decent cover for it and minds it carefully it should be fine. You'll be paying to ward off trouble that a little care will prevent. Most people manage not to drop them and to keep them safe from thieves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Me either. If there's any fault with the device apple warranty has you covered. As long as she gets a decent cover for it and minds it carefully it should be fine. You'll be paying to ward off trouble that a little care will prevent. Most people manage not to drop them and to keep them safe from thieves.

I bought an iPhone last year in the US. I was told that the Apple US warranty does not apply to Europe and I would have to get someone in the US to return it from there if I ran into a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

If it's a non 3G ipad your warranty will carry over to Europe. The phones and 3G iPads are on different band to what we have here so are built differently, and that's why the warranty doesn't carry over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I bought a non 3g ipad in canada and was told that the warranty would not transfer to ireland unless apple care was purchased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Was in Apple shop in Belfast on monday and was told if applecare+ is got in states they have no way to charge for repairs or warranty work. i.e. 50$ excess becomes free :-) This was told to me on Genius Bar by Tech as daughters iPad from the states with applecare+ on it.
    Just to clarify I was not getting iPad fixed, this just came up in chat while phone was being repaired.

Advertisement