Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Staff Flat rate Expense

Options
  • 19-02-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey, this may have already been discussed, but I am finding it very difficult to get information. I work in the banking sector, and had to provide and maintain my own uniform for half of 2012 and all of 2013. From this year onwards, I have a uniform provided, which I need to maintain myself. I had a look through the list of allowable expenses, and cannot find my occupation on it. Does anyone know if I might be entitled to anything? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Hey, this may have already been discussed, but I am finding it very difficult to get information. I work in the banking sector, and had to provide and maintain my own uniform for half of 2012 and all of 2013. From this year onwards, I have a uniform provided, which I need to maintain myself. I had a look through the list of allowable expenses, and cannot find my occupation on it. Does anyone know if I might be entitled to anything? thanks

If it's not listed, then you can't claim the flat rate expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

If it's not listed, then you can't claim the flat rate expense.

But that's not to say that a person cannot make a claim under S.114 for expenses wholly, exclusively and necessarily incurred in the course of their employment...

OP you should complete a Form 12 and make a claim on Panel 47 (see it in the 2012 form here: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/forms/form12.pdf or whatever its equivalent box in the 2013 Form 12 is).

I would suggest that you claim in line with the flat rate expenses amount that applies to other similar type of jobs where the employee is obliged to provide their own uniform...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 missmac1991

But that's not to say that a person cannot make a claim under S.114 for expenses wholly, exclusively and necessarily incurred in the course of their employment...

OP you should complete a Form 12 and make a claim on Panel 47 (see it in the 2012 form here: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/forms/form12.pdf or whatever its equivalent box in the 2013 Form 12 is).

I would suggest that you claim in line with the flat rate expenses amount that applies to other similar type of jobs where the employee is obliged to provide their own uniform...

Thanks a million barneystinson, I'll give that a go, much obliged

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If its retail banking, maybe you come under retail.

Advertisement