Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant bitch with razor burn,

• 19-02-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi
    I brought my bitch to get scanned at 30 days the vet shaved her belly and scanned her she is in pups but since I got her home was whinning and jumping up and down she hadn't walk properly since it I asked my vet and she said rub aloe vera on it but I think it's made her worse any one else have the same experience and with her in pup will this effect her pups or make her abort

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Donnelly24 wrote: »
    Hi
    I brought my bitch to get scanned at 30 days the vet shaved her belly and scanned her she is in pups but since I got her home was whinning and jumping up and down she hadn't walk properly since it I asked my vet and she said rub aloe vera on it but I think it's made her worse any one else have the same experience and with her in pup will this effect her pups or make her abort

I don't know anything about pregnant dogs but one of my dogs used to have to get shaved in patches once a month for heart ultra sound and always got razor burn UCD told us to use sudocrem on it and it worked wonders :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Razor burn is irritation from the clippers against the skin.
    It should have no adverse effects, other than being itchy and sore for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Donnelly24

Thanks for replies she was scanned Monday and as soon as she got home she wouldn't walk, using aloe vera but I think it's worse Ill put the sudocream on her tomorrow thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Donnelly24 wrote: »
    Thanks for replies she was scanned Monday and as soon as she got home she wouldn't walk, using aloe vera but I think it's worse Ill put the sudocream on her tomorrow thanks

You sure it's razor burn? She seems in a lot of pain for something that's not that serious. What breed is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Donnelly24

Wel not. Sure what else it could be she was prefect going in to vets and as soon as she finished she was very sore unless it's the gel or she has very sensitive skin, she's 31 days in pup so I hope her and her pups will be if she is the same tomorrow I'll have to get the vet out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Razor burn won't make her abort the pups. She'll be absolutely fine. Ring the vet for some more advice if the aloe vera hasn't worked.

Advertisement