Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month Visitor Visa

Options
  • 19-02-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey guys,

Im travelling out to Calgary in just over 2 weeks. Im looking to stay for the 6 months on the holiday visa as the bf has relocated out there. Does anyone know what I would require, what is immigration going to ask me?! I just want to be as prepared as possible. I was originally only going to go for 10 days but want to stay there now as Im sick of Ireland. I know I cant work and all that. Do you think it will be an issue seeing as my return flight isnt going to be used?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Hey guys,

Im travelling out to Calgary in just over 2 weeks. Im looking to stay for the 6 months on the holiday visa as the bf has relocated out there. Does anyone know what I would require, what is immigration going to ask me?! I just want to be as prepared as possible. I was originally only going to go for 10 days but want to stay there now as Im sick of Ireland. I know I cant work and all that. Do you think it will be an issue seeing as my return flight isnt going to be used?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

You don't need a visa, you need to show money in your bank account. For 6 months you will need a good few grand to prove you can support yourself and a return flight in line with how long you tell them you want to stay.

A great invention called Google will yield any other info you require;)
    Such as this website:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Advertisement