Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strollers

• 19-02-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Apologies for starting yet another stroller thread! We have a bugaboo cameleon which is a dream and worth every penny however I am looking to buy a stroller as we are going on hols in July (babs will be 6 months) and then in sept he will be (hopefully) going to a childminder. I am looking for recommendations, I don't have a budget in mind but I don't think I could justify the bugaboo bee (unless someone tells me it is amazing!). I don't care if car seat doesn't attach as we don't have a maxi cosi (we have a be safe). I would love it to be light but not flimsy :) and would like it to recline, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Millem wrote: »
    Apologies for starting yet another stroller thread! We have a bugaboo cameleon which is a dream and worth every penny however I am looking to buy a stroller as we are going on hols in July (babs will be 6 months) and then in sept he will be (hopefully) going to a childminder. I am looking for recommendations, I don't have a budget in mind but I don't think I could justify the bugaboo bee (unless someone tells me it is amazing!). I don't care if car seat doesn't attach as we don't have a maxi cosi (we have a be safe). I would love it to be light but not flimsy :) and would like it to recline, thanks in advance!

Have petite star zia and love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Petite Star Zia gets my vote too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi, we had the chameleon aswell and loved it for newborn. But when LO was 5 months just thought it too bulky heavy etc for what we needed. Got a maclaren quest. Awesome! Lightweight, folds easy and doesn't take up too much space in car. Haven't looked back since. Little fella way prefers it to the bugaboo aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thanks a million! I have been looking to the petite star zia but there seems to be a few ? Any one in particular? Is there anywhere that sell them in dublin (so I can see it in the flesh? Where is the best place online? Amazon? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petite-Star-Stroller-Ivory-Starburst/dp/B0076WFUOG/ref=sr_1_4?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1392847832&sr=1-4&keywords=petite+star+zia

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hi, we had the chameleon aswell and loved it for newborn. But when LO was 5 months just thought it too bulky heavy etc for what we needed. Got a maclaren quest. Awesome! Lightweight, folds easy and doesn't take up too much space in car. Haven't looked back since. Little fella way prefers it to the bugaboo aswell.

My sis swears by maclaren! Are they around €200?

• Advertisement

My sis swears by maclaren! Are they around €200?

Yea... They're not the cheapest stroller. And I don't have a lot of experience with other strollers to compare but is be lost without it. It's just so much more manageable than the bugaboo was. Really sturdy. And you can use it with a newborn aswell (if you ever need to).

We have to buy a double buggy now but if we ever need to take the newborn or our 1 YO out individually it will be coming in the macclaren :)

Yea... They're not the cheapest stroller. And I don't have a lot of experience with other strollers to compare but is be lost without it. It's just so much more manageable than the bugaboo was. Really sturdy. And you can use it with a newborn aswell (if you ever need to).

We have to buy a double buggy now but if we ever need to take the newborn or our 1 YO out individually it will be coming in the macclaren :)

I have to say love love love the bugaboo so easy to push especially when you are walking 3 dogs at the same time !! Could I push maclaren with one hand? At least you could easy sell your bugaboo if you need to?

I have to say love love love the bugaboo so easy to push especially when you are walking 3 dogs at the same time !! Could I push maclaren with one hand? At least you could easy sell your bugaboo if you need to?

Yea I sold bugaboo. Got €750 for it so was good. There'd just be no point having a double buggy, a stroller and a bugaboo. Lol. I loved the chameleon when LO was small coz the pram was just lovely. Just yea a reakon you could push the maclaren with one hand....hmm I've never really had the need to try tho. Lol. Try it out. How on earth do you manage a baby and 3 dogs!!! Supermom!

Yea I sold bugaboo. Got €750 for it so was good. There'd just be no point having a double buggy, a stroller and a bugaboo. Lol. I loved the chameleon when LO was small coz the pram was just lovely. Just yea a reakon you could push the maclaren with one hand....hmm I've never really had the need to try tho. Lol. Try it out. How on earth do you manage a baby and 3 dogs!!! Supermom!

€750 is amazing well done :) that will go a long way towards your new double buggy! The dogs are brill! One is completely blind so she was walking into pram :( but I now connect her to one of the other dogs! Lol lol we went for a great forest walk on Sunday very bumpy/mucky and cameleon was amazing :) I bought a baby carrier for when we go to the beach with the dogs as I am a bit sceptical of "beach mode" on cameleon! Where did you buy your maclaren?

The dogs are brill! One is completely blind so she was walking into pram :( but I now connect her to one of the other dogs! Lol lol we went for a great forest walk on Sunday very bumpy/mucky and cameleon was amazing :) I bought a baby carrier for when we go to the beach with the dogs as I am a bit sceptical of "beach mode" on cameleon! Where did you buy your maclaren?

Aw cute. We used beach mode on the chameleon... Never used it again. Lol. Kept kicking into the wheels when they were reversed. We got out maclaren in mothercare last year when there was a sale on... Think we paid around 150-170 for it at the time. Babyaccessories.ie is also good. They have their main shop based in Sligo but have an online shop aswell.

• Advertisement

Aw cute. We used beach mode on the chameleon... Never used it again. Lol. Kept kicking into the wheels when they were reversed. We got out maclaren in mothercare last year when there was a sale on... Think we paid around 150-170 for it at the time. Babyaccessories.ie is also good. They have their main shop based in Sligo but have an online shop aswell.

Must go to mothercare to test drive it! I wonder are silver cross any good? Just saw on tony kealys that's all he seems to sale stroller wise apart from the bee? I bought my cameleon there brilliant customer service! I put on those stupid car seat adapters on the wrong way twice in the first week, they are impossible to get off you need a screw driver! The second time I rang them and they sent a worker out to my house to take them off for me!!! Lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Petit star Zia 3 is on special on kiddicare and amazon.
    I bought the 4 just so I could fit a car seat on it if needs be.
    It is 99 pounds and worth every penny.
    Generally i dislike strollers but I have few complaints about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Yeah, another vote here for the petite star zia. Very lightweight and compact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I purchased a Zeta Vooom buggy a few weeks ago, just for travelling back and forth to Ireland, as the pram I have at home here would be far too awkward in an airport.
    I haven't had it long enough to give a thorough review myself, but it seems sturdy and it got great reviews on Amazon, which is what persuaded me to buy it. Delivery was a bit expensive to Denmark at £18 with DPD, but maybe delivery to Ireland would be cheaper. It reclines nearly flat. It comes in a variety of colours and with a raincover aswell. There is also a more expensive option which comes with a footmuff.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Travel-Zeta-Vooom-Pushchair/dp/B006DDNTWY/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392910686&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=zeta+vrooom+red

I would love to see the zia in flesh are there any shops in Leinster that sell it? Also it is on special at the £100 which is a good deal as people are selling them on adverts for €70/€80 is it usual to get them for £100 or is this an unreal deal that won't be around again?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You are welcome to come test drive mine.
    On kiddicare the 99 includes a footmuff which is very good,they are not normally so cheap. I wanted one before but it was way too expensive and the current one is an improvement on the older one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

We got the mothercare nanu - paid 69 and we like it! We will take it on holidays and it's left in my parents house mist if the ttime so I don't have to bring his travel system every ttime we stay.

What sold us on the nanu is that it has 2 positions and can lie flat so we can use it now while baby is just 2 months

Moonbeam wrote: »
    You are welcome to come test drive mine.
    On kiddicare the 99 includes a footmuff which is very good,they are not normally so cheap. I wanted one before but it was way too expensive and the current one is an improvement on the older one.

Thanks a mil! I looked on kiddiecare but they only have lime green (unless I am not looking properly!). It looks very similar to the quinny zapp? I saw that in mothercare this time last year and thought it was rickety and flimsy but there are newer versions
    now. Do you think it's sturdier than zapp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I've never pushed a zapp but they are sturdy and very easy to push. The suspension is great on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

The oldish zapp is from 6 months as it doesn't lie flat, the new one is from birth..

• Advertisement

The older Zia and Zapp were very alike except the Zapp did not recline. The newer Zia definitely feels less flimsy then the older Zapp.
    No idea what shops do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I test drove the quest in mothercare and then looked on donedeal and adverts. Got an immaculate aecond hand quest for €65 on adverts. The only worn bit is the foam handles but I contacted a maclaren repair centre in cork and its only €10 for new handles... Bargain. Definitely have a look for a second hand stroller.

yellow hen wrote: »
    I test drove the quest in mothercare and then looked on donedeal and adverts. Got an immaculate aecond hand quest for €65 on adverts. The only worn bit is the foam handles but I contacted a maclaren repair centre in cork and its only €10 for new handles... Bargain. Definitely have a look for a second hand stroller.

Yesterday I test drive zapp xtra in mothercare, and thought one side and handle was broken but supposedly that is the "suspension"! The girl really recommended the quest or silvercross pop. Did more googling. Saw uppababy have a stroller called "g luxe" rang around could only find it in kerry in Tralee nursery supplies! He recommended quest €189 then gluxe €189 (but kiddiecare have it £99 old model) then a silvervross micro €99. Nowhere sells zia! But was talking to someone yesterday who loves it and has 3 kids. She said her 3 and half year old is still in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I got an uppababy g luxe last year and it's been great. It's very light and easy to fold and has travelled with us by plane loads of times and it still looks like new despite all the bashing it must receive during the journey. Not sure where you are located but I got it in Bella baby in dundrum town centre

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I got an uppababy g luxe last year and it's been great. It's very light and easy to fold and has travelled with us by plane loads of times and it still looks like new despite all the bashing it must receive during the journey. Not sure where you are located but I got it in Bella baby in dundrum town centre

I am in south dublin so bella baby is perfect! Do you have 2012 model? It reclines but not fully so only suitable for 6months and up. There is a new model just out that fully reclines. I actually love the look of i and the canopy. The company who he buys it off is called "clever cloggs"

I am in south dublin so bella baby is perfect! Do you have 2012 model? It reclines but not fully so only suitable for 6months and up. There is a new model just out that fully reclines. I actually love the look of i and the canopy. The company who he buys it off is called "clever cloggs"

No, mine is the one that doesn't recline fully flat but that wasn't an issue as my daughter was well over 6 months old when I bought it. It does go nearly flat though and she seems to find it comfy enough for naps. The extended canopy is great for keeping the sun out of her eyes. The only complaint I would have is the rain cover - it doesn't cover the feet once they are a certain height and it doesn't attach very securely so my daughter constantly kicked it off. We live in the desert now so that's not much of a problem anymore! The new model might have a better cover. Oh and sometimes the wheels get embarrassingly squeaky but nothing a spray of wd40 doesn't fix.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    No, mine is the one that doesn't recline fully flat but that wasn't an issue as my daughter was well over 6 months old when I bought it. It does go nearly flat though and she seems to find it comfy enough for naps. The extended canopy is great for keeping the sun out of her eyes. The only complaint I would have is the rain cover - it doesn't cover the feet once they are a certain height and it doesn't attach very securely so my daughter constantly kicked it off. We live in the desert now so that's not much of a problem anymore! The new model might have a better cover. Oh and sometimes the wheels get embarrassingly squeaky but nothing a spray of wd40 doesn't fix.

That must be the model that is on clearance on kiddiecare! The Tralee guy reckons new model will be around €169 free delivery so only €20 dearer than kiddiecare as I think it's €20 delivery! I must check it out in the flesh in bella baby :) is it sturdy? What colour did you pick?

That must be the model that is on clearance on kiddiecare! The Tralee guy reckons new model will be around €169 free delivery so only €20 dearer than kiddiecare as I think it's €20 delivery! I must check it out in the flesh in bella baby :) is it sturdy? What colour did you pick?

They didn't have many colours in stock, so I ended up getting it in black. Because its so light it doesn't feel particularly sturdy, but after almost a year of daily use and lots of air travel it still looks good and works the same as new. The padded seat cover comes off and is machine washable which is handy. It's very easy to push. If you do get it, make sure to remove the cup holder before putting it on the plane, we forgot one time and it got broken off :( shame because it was very handy.

https://www.babyaccessories.ie/p/uppababy

Free delivery :)

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil! I think That is old model but maybe they will reduce it further when they get new one in? I love the face the seat pad can be washed!the Tralee man said they were all good but maclaren quest was the best, I will have it for 10 years, built to last blah blah. It's just it looks old fashioned it literally hadn't changed since I first saw it with my 11/12 uear old nephew! I know that's terrible! Call me superficial but I prefer the look of the zia and the g luxe!

Advertisement