Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market lane Cork versus Perry Street cafe

Options
  • 19-02-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi.Im going for lunch in Cork 2m and havent been in quite a while. Ive read that Market Lane and Perry street have nice sandwiches. Does anyone gzve recommendations or experiences of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I've only ever been to market lane for dinner and it's fab
    I've only been to perry market place for lunch once when it just opened, had a sandwich, twas prob nicest sandwich I've ever had tbh!also had gorge dessert too. Queuing up seems a bit strange when you go in but staff were sound out and really enjoyed the vibe there, must go bk soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6 smiley face

Yeah Perry street seems to have got great reviews.Think I might try that if its not too busy.Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭coleen

Do you know if perry street is open for dinner in the evenings. I will be in Cork this weekend and I am looking for a recommendation for some where to eat. I have been to market lane and have enjoyed so looking for somewhere with similar style food, just to try some where different. Somewhere in the city centre and I would not mind if it was a pub once the food is good,
    Thanks and sorry if I hijacked your thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

For Lunch Perry Street is great, nice hot meals, sandwiches are a must. I think the same crowd who run the well known Hassets Bakery in Carrigaline run Perry Street, amongst a handful of places in Cork. Can anyone confirm this? The food and style is very inline with Hassets in Crosser, Carrig and Currans in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

kaerobe wrote: »
    For Lunch Perry Street is great, nice hot meals, sandwiches are a must. I think the same crowd who run the well known Hassets Bakery in Carrigaline run Perry Street, amongst a handful of places in Cork. Can anyone confirm this? The food and style is very inline with Hassets in Crosser, Carrig and Currans in town.

Oh really hassets....now there's a place to get a sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Strasburg goose on french church street is better and cheaper than both.

Market lane is overrated imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Has the service and general running of Perry Street improved any way since it opened?
    Seems like good grub alright but shoddy service and over-priced

Advertisement