Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HERE Transit

• 19-02-2014 11:09pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick note, HERE Transit has been updated to cover Dublin Bus routes, I used the app extensively when in the US recently, it's an excellent app for getting around using Public Transport, they previously only had the Rail and Luas Lines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

about bloody time ;0)

mind you I may still prefer the bus Nearby app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

liamog wrote: »
    Just a quick note, HERE Transit has been updated to cover Dublin Bus routes, I used the app extensively when in the US recently, it's an excellent app for getting around using Public Transport, they previously only had the Rail and Luas Lines.
    Do they have Commuter / Intercity Rail info yet? Great if they do, because it used to just be DART info.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

They've had the commuter info for a while, well at least to Clonsilla, Checking it now and it's giving me a route from my house into town on a bus and then train to Sligo so looks pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Great app when you can use it, very handy Stateside. Good to hear Ireland is getting some development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its a bit hit and miss. I tried it now and (for me) it defaults to buses even when trains are an option. I had to turn off buses for it to pick up the trains. The trains were quicker by 10~20 mins. You almost need to know how to get there before you can use Transit to explore other options.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Try setting your walk speed and distance, I've found it helped

Advertisement