Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil prendeville to leave 96fm

Options
  • 19-02-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Apparently Neil and 96 fm failed to agree new contract terms, so Neil's contract will not be renewed .... I might tune in now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Apparently Neil and 96 fm failed to agree new contract terms, so Neil's contract will not be renewed .... I might tune in now

Taking the plane, is he.........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

A good dose of Coogan and you will be begging Prenders to come back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,221 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I hate PJ Coogan. Not that I have any liking towards Prendeville. Not listened to them in few years, but if you only listened to them for news the world is scary place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JamCakes

http://www.news.msn.ie/neil-prendeville-quits-96fm-1324255-Feb2014/

CORK 96FM PRESENTER Neil Prendeville is to leave the radio station, it has emerged this evening.

A source said Prendeville made the decision to quit the station because of a failure to come to an agreement on a new contract. It is believed that he will be moving to rival station Red FM.

The presenter’s name has been in the headlines before in the last couple of years over a number of controversies.

In 2010, was accused of exposing himself on an Aer Lingus flight. However no charges were brought against him following a garda investigation.

Two years ago, the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland upheld a complaint about on-air monologue by Prendeville in which he said “we provide medical cards to Africans while Irish children go sick because their working parents can’t afford a doctor’s visit or prescription”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

JamCakes wrote: »
    So where is he going to go ? 2FM or Newstalk ?

red fm! according to this thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Wonder who'll take over the morning show? Please God not PJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

exam6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

Good riddance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

mikom wrote: »
    Taking the plane, is he.........

He's leaving. On a jet plane. Don't know when he'll be back again...

Please God - NEVER!! Geezer's a prize *****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Another reason not not listen to Redfm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Wonder who'll take over the morning show? Please God not PJ.

Obviously Neil will take that show and all his listeners to RedFm. Would be hard for anyone to fill his boots at 96. Great coup for RedFM. Station managers at 96 are fools to let him go.

zetalambda wrote: »
    Obviously Neil will take that show and all his listeners to RedFm. Would be hard for anyone to fill his boots at 96. Great coup for RedFM. Station managers at 96 are fools to let him go.

Why? Jeremy Kyle of the South!

Why? Jeremy Kyle of the South!

Only thing is JK has slightly more class...

Another reason not not listen to Redfm!

i see what you did there!! :pac:

Only thing is JK has slightly more class...

This is so true! When Jeremy Kyle (or Neil Prendeville) appears 'classy'............:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Lets call a spade a spade here, love him or hate him, he's fantastic radio.Sure thing he stirs it up and sometime does it in his own favour but thats what its all about, its brilliant, and he does have a great voice for radio.

96FM has a reachable FM audience of something like 550,000 people, he averaged something like 100,000 every morning, those kind of figures are unheard of for any regional radio show anywhere in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Sam Kade wrote: »
    A good dose of Coogan and you will be begging Prenders to come back :(

I've already stopped listening to PJFM, I mean....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I didnt realise Neil was known in England too.Oh wait.

By Daily Mail Reporter
    UPDATED: 15:10 GMT, 4 November 2010

It's over three years ago, for heaven's sake murder's get shorter sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

i could never understand why people phoned into 96fm to complain to Neeeeeil about politicians (rightly or wrongly) etc when the guy himself was caught on a plane doing a (ahem) certain act while part of a "promote CORK" delegation with Cork city business leaders and political representatives. If a politician or a Joe bloggs did same he'd be ran out of the county with Neeeil leading the charge, but no not our Neeeeil, The people are fools I say to support him, Don't get me started on Peeeee J, Talk about exaggerate everything.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Daily mail:rolleyes::rolleyes:

farmerjj wrote: »
    Daily mail:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ah. But in this instance, the Daily Fascist was telling the truth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Can a mod merge both threads.?

Red Nissan wrote: »
    By Daily Mail Reporter

it seems to be a distinctly irish thing that some people just cannot let bygones be bygones and move on in a healthy manner. instead the past gets dredged up time and time again,

im not condoning what he did, but its not like he can go back and make sure it never happens, i wish people would let it go because i am sick of defending him on it, i know a lot of people hate him, but i get the impression its more a part he plays,like Simon Cowell did on those reality tv shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Pharmacists in Bishopstown are rubbing their hands at this. Unprecedented levels of Nurofen being stocked in anticipation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Red Nissan wrote: »
    By Daily Mail Reporter

Mostly by the people that don't like him, or can't stand him. But in a strange way, they are the same people that keep bringing him up again and again.

For the people that like him and enjoyed his show, they just took it and moved on, like he did himself.

Fair play to the guy.

Can't wait until he's back on the airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

hoodwinked wrote: »
    it seems to be a distinctly irish thing that some people just cannot let bygones be bygones and move on in a healthy manner. instead the past gets dredged up time and time again,

im not condoning what he did, but its not like he can go back and make sure it never happens, i wish people would let it go because i am sick of defending him on it, i know a lot of people hate him, but i get the impression its more a part he plays,like Simon Cowell did on those reality tv shows.

That makes it ok then. He doesn't believe in the evil he spreads.

I don't think he's evil. I just think he's a joke. You can't preach to people when you don't practice what you preach. Prendiville is the radio version of Jeremy Kyle going for the lowest common denominator. The subjects are the same thing over and over again with very little in the way of intelligent viewpoints. At which point, I just switch off. Bored already -NEXT!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If people don't like him, just don't listen. Build a bridge and get over it like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I despise 96FM and I'm not to fond of RedFM but for RedFM its a big coup.

HJe'll certainly attract the majority of his old 96FM crowd, even if its only to listen to his show.

KC being on breakfast show 6-9 is good too but its Dempsey in the morning for me and avoid Neil at all costs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement