Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil prendeville to leave 96fm

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

A true Cork legend and a man not afraid to speak his mind. 96FM loss is a major gain for Red FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

A true Cork legend and a man not afraid to speak his mind. 96FM loss is a major gain for Red FM.

Cork is hardly sort of knobheads not afraid to speak their minds!
    Ever go to a pub or get a taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Good news for Red Fm they will get listeners that dont normally listen to Red Fm before.

I suppose big Vic will get the axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Is there a place where we can see viewer figure in their actual numbers, not just % as published by the JNLR.

I'm trying to figure out if all the current listenership actually switch sides, Red FM should still be quids in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im delighted Kc is dong the Red Rooster because it went downhill ever since he left.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

mikeym wrote: »
    Good news for Red Fm they will get listeners that dont normally listen to Red Fm before.

I suppose big Vic will get the axe.

cant bear victor barry at all in night time. one of my tractors then only picks up red fm and I would rather listen to nothing if im doing night time work during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

JK is the lowest of the low, he's a scum magnet. No such scum in Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cant believe there hasnt been a "jacking it in" joke yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Thargor wrote: »
    Cant believe there hasnt been a "jacking it in" joke yet.
    I literally burst out laughing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

I gave up listening to REDFM due to Victor Barry and haven't listened to 96FM due to NP thank heavens for nationwide commercial radio and good radios

• Advertisement

I don't get the passion people have for Prendeville. Haven't listened to 96FM for at least a decade, it's was the same repeated show each day (just people on moaning about something).

The guy moves on, someone else will take up the job. There's always someone new who can do just as good a job or even better.
    Doubt that listener figures will be affected too much, some will now retune to RedFM, others will now tune out of RedFM.

Lambofdave wrote: »
    thank heavens for nationwide commercial radio and good radios
    Exactly. These days with numerous stations, internet radio, podcasts.... there are alternatives to listen to.

The success of NP's show was the time of day it was on and nature of the show (Cork issues being discussed on Cork radio). People will tune in no matter who presents the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The thing with Prendeville is he's had so much to bat with the last 5 or 6 years and his so called 'star' has risen. Recession, governments, scandals etc, it's been like easy numbers really. Even with that he still nearly fecked it up when he raised his 'landing gear'.

From mentioning his previous business in the city, which he no longer has a part in, to mentioning how his children were doing, he has always come across as cocky, with a over inflated ego. It's a big loss to 96fm definitely though, in terms of viewing figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Youd wonder why they couldnt agree given the listenership he was pulling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

gossipis he took a pay cut after the plane incident. he's held his listenership and so probably feels a rise is due.
    more fools the booses at 96fm to let him go.

wouldn't listen to him all the time but he's not the worse.
    never listen to redfm, too boring and trying too hard.

can't see them holding their listenership figures with pj coogan in the chair. just the way he talks makes me want to tear my eyelashes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Is there a place where we can see viewer figure in their actual numbers, not just % as published by the JNLR.

I'm trying to figure out if all the current listenership actually switch sides, Red FM should still be quids in.

http://radiotoday.ie/2013/04/jnlr-rte-radio-1-remains-on-top-with-1m/

"In Cork, 96FM presenter Neil Prendeville has seen his audience grow to 114,000, this is up from 91,000 twelve months ago."

"287,000 people are listening to 96FM and sister station C103 every week."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Why? Jeremy Kyle of the South!

If TV3 ever do a Jereny Kyle Neil's the man for job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

I actually wish him well.

I wasn't a fan of his. But do respect the stupid difficulty he put himself in. He stuck it out rather than the tragic decisions some people have made when things are bad.
    Again, I'm not a fan ( he's quite annoying as a broadcaster )but I do respect him staying in Cork through everything.
    I'll finish as I started by saying that I do wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,221 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I dont want to know his life story but is he originally from the City?

and does he own couple of other businesses by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes. From Blackpool (I think it's Madden's Buildings).

And yes, he did. Used to part-own the Boardwalk Bar & grill, and had some bread or the other. Don't think it's sold any more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,221 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yes. From Blackpool (I think it's Madden's Buildings).

And yes, he did. Used to part-own the Boardwalk Bar & grill, and had some bread or the other. Don't think it's sold any more though.

Blackpool? hmm

always thought he came from a bit of posher place. No offense to Blackpool people

Blackpool? hmm

always thought he came from a bit of posher place. No offense to Blackpool people

His grandparents are from Madden's buildings and his blood is northside through and through not that he would admit it on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

His grandparents are from Madden's buildings and his blood is northside through and through not that he would admit it on air.
    Actually he wouldn't shut up about his northside roots during the week when talking about being a north mon alumni!

TheChizler wrote: »
    Actually he wouldn't shut up about his northside roots during the week when talking about being a north mon alumni!

Excellent about time he did that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Blackpool? hmm

he lives in douglas now so that could be why :pac:

seriously though they only reason i know he is originally from blackpool, and now living in douglas is from him mentioning them on air, so he must of at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

hoodwinked wrote: »
    he lives in douglas now so that could be why :pac:

seriously though they only reason i know he is originally from blackpool, and now living in douglas is from him mentioning them on air, so he must of at some stage.

He's being banging on about being from Blackpool for donkeys years, I'd say you heard it more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

He's never denied where he's come from, quite the opposite in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I was forced to listen to prendeville for years in work, I actually started to like the show tbh!
    I'm more pissed off at red fm they moved victor back to the evening slot then proclaimed every 5 minutes we play the hits while everyone else talks! Obviously a pop at 96 fm! And then they hire a talk show presenter!
    I live in Australia now so I don't listen to either station but I'm still pissed off at red fm!!!!

I'm delighted kc is back, are the other 2 with their private jokes gone so from the red rooster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

hoodwinked wrote: »
    im not condoning what he did, but its not like he can go back and make sure it never happens, i wish people would let it go because i am sick of defending him on it, i know a lot of people hate him, but i get the impression its more a part he plays,like Simon Cowell did on those reality tv shows.

Then don't. The man pulled his d*ck out on a plane and waved it a woman. If I knew anyone who did that, I would have his card marked down as being bit of a weirdo to put it lightly. I'd have even less respect for him if his excuse was that he took a couple of Neurofen.

Aside from the fact he's a deviant oddball, he's also an insufferable arse. The man plays to the lowest common denominator and acts as a sort of lightening rod for every sort of shrill whingebag in the city; all wrapped up in his own smug self-important perspective. He's like a localised, even worse version of Joe Duffy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement