Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil prendeville to leave 96fm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

FTA69 wrote: »
    He's like a localised, even worse version of Joe Duffy.

It depends on the show, but yesterday I turned off Duffy.

I'll rate a station or show as to the amount of times I actively switch it off or change channel. I've switched off Duffy a lot, lot more than I've switched off Prenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

According to the echo today emer and colm have handed in their notice and will be going with neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

ofcork wrote: »
    According to the echo today emer and colm have handed in their notice and will be going with neil.

Lets just hope red fm dont let colm sub for neil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Saves 96FM some cash.
    Both easily replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Stevie G gone from Red Fm too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Rumour has it now oldies and irish will be finishing up on Sundays so i think 96 are giving up competing altogether for the older listeners and they will go all "cool" and rebrand aiming for Red fm's current audience of youngsters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Rumour has it now oldies and irish will be finishing up on Sundays so i think 96 are giving up competing altogether for the older listeners and they will go all "cool" and rebrand aiming for Red fm's current audience of youngsters...

Where did that come from??

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where did that come from??

same place that said 3 weeks ago prendeville was leaving...its just a rumour around Douglas at the moment but i said i'd mention it as they were right the last time (doesn't mean it is true either i know which is why i'm stressing the point it is a rumour)

FTA69 wrote: »
    Then don't. The man pulled his

And the complainant did not press charges and no action was instigated by Aer Lingus, CASE CLOSED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Red Nissan wrote: »
    And the complainant did not press charges and no action was instigated by Aer Lingus, CASE CLOSED.

Exactly. Not charges were brought and Neil has not been found guilty of any crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

hoodwinked wrote: »
    I thought that program was on c103.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I thought that program was on c103.

Yes it's on all three transmitters simultaneously. ^^^^edit: I'm wrong as posted below.

It is also parochially very, very, very well received.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Different shows oldies and irish on 96 is hosted by derry o Callaghan,the show on 103 is hosted by Michael dennehy.

Different shows oldies and irish on 96 is hosted by derry o Callaghan,the show on 103 is hosted by Michael dennehy.

ahh ok sorry i didn't know there was two shows with different hosts hence i thought the show was ending, the rumour was Derry was finishing up, so thats the one i was referring to if it helps...

Ah well, if you put it caps, then we should all forget about it and never mention it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Don't try and rewrite history.

The complainant did attempt to press charges and Aer Lingus instigated vigorous action and the crew members subsequently made statements to gardaí, who sent a file to the Director of Public Prosecutions. The DPP didn't ultimately prosecute - the female witnesses were told it was due to a jurisdictional technicality.

At that time the complainant spoke of her upset at the decision not to prosecute.

“I am horrified and dismayed that Mr Prendeville is not to be prosecuted for his appalling and totally unacceptable actions. This incident has caused me much hurt and I can only wonder what kind of message this gives out to people who may find themselves in a similar situation in the future.”

She said what Mr Prendeville did was wrong. “His actions were vile. There is something very wrong with the justice system if he will pay no price for what he has done. It begs the question should the gardaí now hand the file over to the British authorities,” she said. She said she would be making no further comment on the matter.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/prendeville-avoids-prosecution-for-lewd-act-146941.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

In the eyes of the law there was no crime. People need to move on and let the man go about the business of his top class show.

In the eyes of the law there was no crime. People need to move on and let the man go about the business of his top class show.

If it were you or me we'd have been convicted of it,i wont go back over old ground but when gerald kean is your solicitor/friend then money talks,but as was stated there was no convction

The complainant was the one wronged and yet the person who committed the act of indecency gets supported.
    It's no wonder that there were/are people that supported the likes of Haughey through it all.

As a result of Neil Prendeville's signing,RedFm have confirmed that Stephen Grainger (Stevie G) and Victor Barry are being let go,any predictions on who'll be let go next and will they be 96fm bound???

• Advertisement

The complainant was the one wronged .

It went for review, it was dismissed, no charges were brought.

The Irish Examiner reporter was not the only one involved in the incident, she was not targeted or otherwise singled out. At least two more women and three other men were also in the same position.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    As a result of Neil Prendeville's signing,RedFm have confirmed that Stephen Grainger (Stevie G) and Victor Barry are being let go,any predictions on who'll be let go next and will they be 96fm bound???

No loss when they have Neil coming on board along with his top class research team.

It went for review, it was dismissed, no charges were brought.
    Yes, the justice system is 100% fool-proof and accountable; now that's cleared up we can all move on.

No loss when they have Neil coming on board along with his top class research team.
    Ah, less of that innuendo stuff, please move on and let the man go about the business.

Yes, the justice system is 100% fool-proof and accountable; now that's cleared up we can all move on.

For another thread perhaps, the justice system and so on, but that is the current ruling.

For another thread perhaps, the justice system and so on, but that is the current ruling.
    True, nobody is arguing that fact.
    But it's not going to be the end of it, and just mentioning faults in the justice system isn't for another thread (an in dept analysis is for another thread).

The guy climbed the "self important - high road ladder", so crossing the line like he did will always remain in public discussion while he continues in the spotlight.
    When people mention the name Bill Clinton, a certain White house scandal will be foremost in peoples minds.

The incident is not going to be forgotten anytime soon, if ever.
    Perhaps those defending the guy need to take some of their own advice and move on from that.

True, nobody is arguing that fact.
    But it's not going to be the end of it, and just mentioning faults in the justice system isn't for another thread (an in dept analysis is for another thread).

The guy climbed the "self important - high road ladder", so crossing the line like he did will always remain in public discussion while he continues in the spotlight.
    When people mention the name Bill Clinton, a certain White house scandal will be foremost in peoples minds.

The incident is not going to be forgotten anytime soon, if ever.
    Perhaps those defending the guy need to take some of their own advice and move on from that.

It's only right Neil is mentioned in the same breath as an American president.

Temaz wrote: »
    It's only right Neil is mentioned in the same breath as an American president.
    Yip, Prendeville's a legend.
    The jokes/humor from his act of indecency will live on even when he passes away.
    Legend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Stevie G will be ok without RedFM , he has a great name as a hip hop / soul DJ.
    Victor Barry I'd say will be the big loser here. If PJ get Neil's job , I don't know that there is an opening for another talk DJ in Cork right now.

• Advertisement

Yip, Prendeville's a legend.
    The jokes/humor from his act of indecency will live on even when he passes away.
    Legend.

Alleged act.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement