Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil prendeville to leave 96fm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

The incident is not going to be forgotten anytime soon, if ever. Perhaps those defending the guy need to take some of their own advice and move on from that.

So you are other posters can bring up a persona past but those think the event is finished with should stop saying so?

The legal aspect is most certainly for another thread, it has been dealt with. The Clinton analogy is far from one incident, it was most compounded by Clinton himself saying he 'Did not have sexual relations with that girl' ~ whereas oral sex is defined in the dictionary as a sexual act. No compounding has taken place in this incident.

I believe the man has been persecuted, the law has made a decision but the persecution continues, I believe there are laws againt that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Temaz wrote: »
    Alleged act.
    Ah, so it never happened now. Well, that's it, case closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

Was it not a jurisdiction issue which was the reason for no charges being brought???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

"Alleged" my hole. If it was only an unsubstantiated allegation then why did he end up making a tearful apology for it on his own show? People on here defending a deviant are nothing short of comical themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Alleged act.

He admitted to it - no alleged.

“I’m not going to be putting up any sort of defence. I hold my hand up and say: ‘If this is what happened, I take responsibility’,” he said at the time. He said he would not challenge any prosecution that might result from the Garda investigation.

• Advertisement

Red Nissan wrote: »
    So you are other posters can bring up a persona past but those think the event is finished with should stop saying so?
    Jezz, the point I was making (using the 'forget it', 'move on' comments) was that telling others to drop a subject doesn't work, on either side.
    The legal aspect is most certainly for another thread, it has been dealt with.
    Again, back to the 'move on' idea I see.
    I believe the man has been persecuted, the law has made a decision but the persecution continues, I believe there are laws againt that too.
    Hilarious. Again, the complainant (whom you already falsely claimed that they did not try press charges) was the one wronged and yet the person who committed the act of indecency gets supported.

This is why celebs/politicians have no issue with committing acts that we 'normal' people would suffer for. There's always blind faith within certain sections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

evilivor wrote: »
    He admitted to it - no alleged.

“I’m not going to be putting up any sort of defence. I hold my hand up and say: ‘If this is what happened, I take responsibility’,” he said at the time. He said he would not challenge any prosecution that might result from the Garda investigation.

He's just being man enough to say something might have happened.

No prosecution was brought against Neil so that's good enough for me.

FTA69 wrote: »
    "Alleged" my hole. If it was only an unsubstantiated allegation then why did he end up making a tearful apology for it on his own show? People on here defending a deviant are nothing short of comical themselves.

An innocent man in the eyes of the law.

I'm picturing you saying that like Judge Dredd (Stallone's version) :)

There's always blind faith within certain sections.

I've said my piece, you sire are repeatedly bringing up the same points again and again.

Your posts are in fact not allowing any of us to move on.

So far I know of 100 people in my personal groups who have already switched their default radio station to Red FM all because Mr Prendeville will be hosting the morning show.

His listenership actually INCREASED after the episode as events transpired. How much that was due to the incident being forgiven by the general public or PJ Coogan having filled in during his absence is a debatable point.

I will be listening to Mr Prendeville on Red FM. I look forward to your own weekly update on his case, we will see if future JNLR figures reflect your sentiments.

• Advertisement

I'm picturing you saying that like Judge Dredd (Stallone's version) :)

Nothing to joke about. The "incident" in many ways was Cork's 9-11

I've said my piece, you sire are repeatedly bringing up the same points again and again.
    If that's true, then we are both guilty, wouldn't you agree?
    I'm not asking you to move on. You're entitled to your view.
    So far I know ......
    I get it.
    You are a huge fan of his.
    It's doesn't matter to you what he did.
    As I said, blind faith in my eye, but you've entitled to do as you wish.

Ultimately, as I originally stated at the beginning, this isn't a big deal.
    Some will switch to tune to RedFM, others will tune out.
    Niall will still get paid, RedFM will continue on, 96FM will continue on, and we'll continue without any impact in our lives.

Nothing to joke about.
    The incident can be joked about, and has been.
    The "incident" in many ways was Cork's 9-11
    No, I don't think it was.
    And with that bizarre analogy, I'm out of here.

To all, enjoy your radio listening, whichever station it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JamCakes

Victor Barry says goodbye after 11 years last night on Red FM

http://radiotoday.ie/2014/02/audio-victor-barry-departs-corks-red-fm/

The incident can be joked about, and has been.

And Neil is moving onto a new show with his loyal listeners and you're the lonely angry man on an internet forum.

Life is great sometimes.

JamCakes wrote: »
    Victor Barry says goodbye after 11 years last night on Red FM /QUOTE]

Thanks, I only listened up to the first crying part the first time, I'll pass trying again, thanks :)

JamCakes wrote: »
    Victor Barry says goodbye after 11 years last night on Red FM

http://radiotoday.ie/2014/02/audio-victor-barry-departs-corks-red-fm/

His show was terrible.

So far I know of 100 people in my personal groups who have already switched their default radio station to Red FM all because Mr Prendeville will be hosting the morning show.

As do I. Neil is a true man of the people.

He admitted he did it himself. End of story.

Why do people love him so much, is it just because he's from Cork or something?

He admitted he did it himself. End of story.

No he didn't.

And if the authorities thought they could have got a conviction they would have went for it.

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48L4ntFklUs

In the video he doesn't deny that the act took place and apologised "to all concerned". Now if you were accused of tearing one off on a f*cking plane next to some old doll when you were innocent wouldn't you strenuously deny the allegation? He himself has conceded that he wasn't innocent of wrong-doing mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48L4ntFklUs

In the video he doesn't deny that the act took place and apologised "to all concerned". Now if you were accused of tearing one off on a f*cking plane next to some old doll when you were innocent wouldn't you strenuously deny the allegation? He himself has conceded that he wasn't innocent of wrong-doing mate.

But he did not admit to "tearing one off on a plane" as you said.

Where does he use the words "tore one off"

The facts are no charges were brought. He is an innocent man.

Out of curiosity if charges were brought and he wasnt convicted would opinion still be the same???e.g even if not convicted it still shows up if he were to apply for garda vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity if charges were brought and he wasnt convicted would opinion still be the same???e.g even if not convicted it still shows up if he were to apply for garda vetting

Im not sure it would appear.

I'm just going to correct a technicality here for the record and then lets go back on topic please, this is about the guy leaving 96FM, not what he may or may not have done in the past.

My understanding is that it was more of a jurisdictional issue.

If you are endangering a plane, then jurisdiction is decided the moment the door of the aircraft closes. The flight was bound for Ireland, so the minute the door closed it would fall under Irish law.

BUT, he wasnt endangering the flight, he was 'allegedly' causing offence by an obscene gesture and for any such offence of that nature, jurisdiction stays with the host country the whole time the aircraft is on the ground whether the door is open or not. Therefore, it would be up to the UK authorities to prosecute, not the Irish authorities.

Its a technicality, but I believe no prosecution was possible by the Irish authorities.

In any event, he wasn't prosecuted and is therefore innocent until any such prosecution takes place.

Now, back to topic please...:cool:

Why didn't he deny the allegation?

More than likely because his solicitor is gerald kean,its not what you know but who you know that really helps,every time prendeville is mentioned all that will forever be connected to him is "that plane incident"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Are you actually that naive? Don't be that guy, seriously.

It clearly happened and was not brought further due to technicalities/leniency.

He admitted something may have happend but he just wanted it over with and get back to being a popular man of the people.

Neil is an innocent man convicted of no crime.

Corholio wrote: »
    Are you actually that naive? Don't be that guy, seriously.

It clearly happened and was not brought further due to technicalities/leniency.

Were you on the plane? Didn't someone who was on the plane say they didn't see anything?

Something happened but what happened is something we will never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,221 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is that you PJ?;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement